6 February 2014

Space Dandy : Sometimes You Can't Live With Dying, Baby

Episode 4

Here we are at Episode 4, enjoying myself a little too much me thinks! You can't help but be charmed by the main characters in this series though, even if it doesn't take priority in your life it is worth the escapism!

***SPOILERS***

Now this episode is the best one so far! It isn't hard to believe that a zombie episode would be so good.

I don't know what it is about it but it was just so much more fun. I especially love how QT was able to turn into a zombie as well!

The whole second half of the episode was quite amazing. I loved the zombies lesson like learning that they have their own language and how they show expressions differently from everyone else. Also the leader zombie telling them to drink yoghurt to make them feel better. It seemed to work! They seemed to have an OK life in the end.

The Zombie Hunter bit was good as well but to be honest I quite liked it just focusing on the Zombies like some sort of documentary on Zombies. I did like how by sheer luck once more Dandy didn't get shot, I mean how luck can one Zombie be?!

There was a lot to love about the episode.It actually had a bit of a feel good vibe by the end with the Zombie's taking over the universe and everyone being equal etc, etc. I loved it.

I said in the blog for episode one that this series could live off of doing random plots every week and so far this was the best one. The only one that has come close is the second episode. I liked that even before they all started bumbling about as Zombies it was slower paced then last episode, too much action killed that one stone dead in the end. This one didn't have much action but it did all kind of balance itself.

I think QT was the cutest Zombie I have ever seen, even cuter then Cheese and that is saying something!

In a way it feels a lot like Miss Monochrome where you see them trying to survive week in week out and do what they want to do (usually failing) but on a longer episode scale. Whereas Miss Monochrome was a short this is a full length episode which worked really well for this episode as it had two distinctive halves. You had the normal zombie apocalypse part in the first half then the documentary feel to the second half.

Really even if you don't watch the whole series just this episode should be watched by everyone. It is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment