6 February 2014

Space Dandy : Occasionally Even the Deceiver is Deceived, Baby

Episode 3

From the preview there is a lot for me to moan about in this episode, I'm sure I'll have fun moaning about it.

***SPOILERS***

Once again straight in with the jokes and they really are good jokes too.You know me, I hate sex jokes especially when they go on and on and on but I've kinda just got used to Boobies now and even then most of the joke was a great one about ordering food 10,000 light years away.

The planet they ended up on was quite interesting with all its dinosaur looking bones and all that, but of course the important thing for Dandy is finding a Boobies. He does seem to find a girl on the planet being chased by a load of aliens. They are quite... Cool aliens as well as far as aliens go.

I love the Kirk-esque fire posing.

I did feel sorry for QT who had no idea why Dandy and Meow were acting so weirdly, he's so adorable. In fact I'd love a plush QT to cuddle forevers and evers. Hot tip for anyone that wants to make me one for Valentines Day!

Who says Dandy laughs in the face of danger?

The Deathgerian (the girl) was actually fun! It wasn't half as bad as I was expecting. I mean the design was.... Stupid but I liked the premise of a siren type bad guy, uses the good looks of a impressionable young girl to lure her food in. It was nice that the vicious aliens that we saw at the beginning weren't actually bad they were just trying to warn Dandy about the Deathgerian. It is something we don't see half enough of nowadays, the evil thing being the pretty girl and not the ugly monsters.

But I mean what isn't to love when the answer to all your troubles is a transformer type escape pod that is called Hawaii-Yanke and that is mainly because the ship is wearing a Hawaiian t-shirt!

Though the real winner is the opening gag about the gone off food!

It had a lot of good things about this episode, it wasn't quite as good as episode two I'll have to admit, back to the alright but missable grouping of episode one. Still. Interesting in its way.

It was much more a Star Trek episode then anything else and it kind of lost the charm of the group a little, with having Meow away for a large chunk of it. Too much action in my opinion, it got a little... Quiet (in a weird sense.)

As I said I was really worried about the Deathgerian from the preview but actually that was the highlight of a otherwise meh-ish episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment