22 February 2014

Sakura Trick : Sakura Coloured Beginnings

Episode 1

I have a feeling that this is a bit of a lost cause with me.

It is a romance, slice of life anime. I have nothing against the two genres but usually there has to be comedy to keep me interested. I am a romantic at heart but find myself bored watching romance. Such is the way of life. Anyway, two girls go to school together and their school is going to be shut down in three years so they share a kiss and fall in love.

The premise to me is a bit.... Odd, I don't see the point in sharing a kiss because in three years your school will shut down. Then again I've read some previews before and the series turned out not to be anything like what I read so it could be amazing.

We'll see.

***SPOILERS***

I have to say I didn't enjoy that at all really. I guess I could give it a go because the characters were a little interesting but to be quite honest it was very much rushed and other then having interesting characters there wasn't much to it.

It was very pretty but it just did engage me. The comedy wasn't sweet or laugh out loud. The kiss was really forced, not so much as the character introduction (did they need to introduce like 5 characters in 60 seconds?)  or the fact they hid the fact the school was closing down underneath Haruka babbling on about stuff.

It had no charm like Kiniro Mosiac had, the characters left you cold and everything was just in your face and boring.

With so much to watch I really can't be bothered to give this a second viewing.

I just don't know why they had to rush everything or why it has to be so blunt?

There was a lot that usually I'd probably like but they forced me to care and it went the opposite way. I don't believe that Yuu and Haruka are in love or anything like that I just think they are stupid, I didn't even remember the names of the other girls because they weren't important other then to introduce them. Do we know why the school is being shut down? Why is that even a plot point? Why bother mentioning it? The two girls were going to get off with each other anyway in the crudest of fashions because it was just happening.

You never got the feeling a story was being told. Everything felt forced and it lost all of its charm right there.

I think the problem is that the character do look interesting and there is a sweet story to be told but it didn't really know what it was doing. Was it trying to be funny or charming or what? What did it want to do? Because in the end all it did was bore the hell out of me!

I'm a little happy with the amount I have enjoyed that I didn't like this one much because it free's me up from one of the many shows I'm trying to watch. But I can't help feeling a little disappointed. It could be so much better.

And it might be later in the series but I'm going to give it a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment