22 February 2014

Nourin : The Super Mother in Law War, Training Stage

Episode 3

Personally episode 2 felt a bit flat to me, the character development for a new character was non-existent and we were left with quite a nasty character ruining the flow of the episode. Hopefully this all changes now.

***SPOILERS***

Well.... That was something I guess.

We really need to get to know Ringo, the problem was that you didn't want her to beat Minori and not only that but quirks of her character that could be interesting are just brushed under the carpet so we can have mean looking Ringo. She doesn't mind bugs, that is all good and well but then what? It really just didn't make sense.

We need to know about Ringo and I think a step in the ladder has been missed. I'll probably have to rewatch episode one because I didn't get the feeling on her journey to the school that she was going to be mega bitch 101 on the class mates. I'm happy that the girls seem to now have moved passed that and hope that we get more out of her character now that her and Minori have kind of called a truce but if it stays like this her character is going to do my head in.

LOVED Kei in his mankini though, now that was a sight to behold! I loved how he was one side of the spectrum then Ms Becky came dressed in a wedding dress!

The series is still a lot of fun and I have to say that I enjoy the other characters, it is only Ringo that does my head in. I think these episodes would have been better for later in the series, or at least the ideas. It is nice that we don't have a rivalry between Minori and Ringo now (hopefully) but at the same time you'd need to see it grow a little more for it to have impact on a episode like this.

Still completely at a loss how she found out it was him that sent her the fruit or why she has such a big crush on him. It completely washed over all that.

Also it makes no sense why she's at this school when to be honest she looks dreadfully bored of everything to do with it.

She doesn't seem to be blending into the school either, she's happy to be on the outside glaring in at everyone else acting like they are the weird ones. They are all actually very lovely characters, even the annoying one that I can't remember the name of is a lovely character just a little over the top.

This episode worked a lot better then the last one but it still had its small flaws. It feels like a anime that keeps changing its mind on what it is doing, there is no central core of an idea other then to place a former idol into a agricultural school. There are jokes to be had in that but there needs to be a character. So far its like Ringo has turned into a android with no feelings whatsoever.

I don't like that.

Then again Kosaku hasn't really had much of a point other then to be annoying in the last two episodes.

There is something that is keeping me watching this show I'll admit that, but I don't know what.

No comments:

Post a Comment