7 February 2014

Noragami : Snow-Like

Episode 2

The first episode was enough to make you want to watch more of the series, it was a fun little story introducing Yato and Hiyori.

We now want an amazing story with these two!

***SPOILERS***

There is a great mixture of serious and fun in the series. The characters can go from doing something as silly as walking on phone lines to seeing and understanding Phantoms.

The relationship between Hiyori and Yato grew even more interesting, though it did seem to spend hell of a lot of the time once again just explaining things. Instead of DOING things it seems that Yato has to just tell her everything.

Once again there was a search as well, this time for a Regalia for Yato (sacred weapon.) It leads to Hiyori asking Phantoms to be his weapon and then getting chased by a giant crab like Phantom.

We actually find out that Yato is meant to be a God of War. Like Mars! Unfortunately most of his jobs seem to be something like scrubbing things clean and fixing things (or finding lost cats.)

And then we find the Regalia, Yukine. Hehe his relationship with Yato seems to be starting out like his last one ended! Yato might want to stop smelling of sweat!

It is really quite weird, it keeps you interested but not much actually really happens, it could have a smaller running time and be more compact of a story or else add more to it. There does seem to be a silly amount of just talking and telling the audience what is happening.

I like the two episodes I've seen but it does feel like NOW I want something a little more. It just seems empty of something more. The Phantoms are cool but a little two dimensional, the main characters are fun but at the moment don't seem to be doing much and the stories have potential but seem to be not the most important part of the series.

Then again I'm trying to figure out WHAT is the important part of the series to be honest!

Don't get me wrong, you'll read this and think its terrible or that I don't like it. Nothing can be further from the truth. I just like to have something I can bite my teeth into. I love Nobunagun so much because it took my breath away with all the action scenes, the cool characters and the story behind it all, I love Fairy Tail because the characters have become real to me and the stories are always so fulfilling. This has the potential to be a great series but at the moment its lacking a creative choice over what is important and what isn't important. It kind of wants to develop the audience's understanding whilst introducing characters and telling a fun story all at once yet none of those components are important.

I will give it this. It is more then just beautiful. The Phantoms are only a step behind how much I loved the varuga from Karneval. The scenery is just gorgeous and the characters are lovely.

The stories need a little more meat on the bone though.

No comments:

Post a Comment