14 February 2014

Hoozuki no Reitetsu : The Instrumental Duo of the Mighty Rivals / Spiritual Sports Day

Episode 5

One can only wonder what lies in store with a name like Spiritual Sports Day.....

Sports Days were like hell for me! I have to admit it, I was really good at football so when we had a football Sports Day I was fine, but the only track and field event I was good at (slash that BLOODY AWESOME at) was the Javelin and my tutor group never wanted me to do that, oh no its so much more fun watching the awkward kid in a sprint or the hurdles then the thing they were GOOD at (not that I was bad at hurdles, actually I was probably the best in my class at it but I hated running....)

***SPOILERS***

Happy days as the whole gang (and two new friends) all appear in this episode!

The first half shows the very big similarities with Hakutaku and Hozuki and introduces Horse-Head and Cow-Head the two Guardians of Hell's gates. The Sports Day saw a gruelling event set up by Hozuki that tested everyone, but especially Karauri and Nasubi, to the limits! Before telling them they had to do it all over again tomorrow.

Momotaro really has grown as a character and through him we get a lot of little questions answered.

We also see a few more Hell's demons including Cerberus and some Egyptian Gods.

It was so much fun!

The Instrumental Duo of the Mighty Rivals was actually very well put together, it worked so well. I'm guessing that is what they meant by the title, both are working on similar things and end up leaving to get similar ingredients, even though you can see the stark differences in the it is very easy to see the similarities as well.

But it worked weaving the two stories together, having them apart and not arguing was also good in learning a bit more about Hakutaku.

And who couldn't love Cow-Head and Horse-Head?!

The sports day was more like torture day hosted by Hozuki! I loved that the whole point was to mentally torture them all into working harder, Enma didn't look too pleased with any of it, but what are you to do when Hozuki is head of the committee!

You can't really describe Sports Day  even if you wanted to so you really need to check it out for yourself. It really is just mental anguish on the part of the participants.

But both stories worked so well and it was a great episode after a not so great episode 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment