25 January 2014

One Piece : Old Fart (Damn Geezer)

Chapter 58

Once upon a time I started reviewing One Piece, hoping that within a year and a bit I'd get up to date on the 700+ chapters and would have started on the anime....

That was months ago! And life got in the way and I stopped for a while.

Shall we continue?

***SPOILERS***

It is going to feel weird jumping in right now but I'll get over it!

Oh I forgot the whole "Adventures of Buggy" stuff at the beginning I do love Buggy's crew!

So Sanji thinks its as simple as waiting 20 days for a ship to come past. He's got 5 days food he's going to spread over the 20 days and enough rain water to last.

It took 5 days for a ship to go by, unfortunately its raining and he can't make a fire to get its attention,  the 25th day was the last day of food, the 30th day, 50th day and 70th day all pass. It seems that Zeff hasn't eaten at all, his huge bag was made up of gold and jewels and he's now no better then a skeleton. Well he has eaten his leg.

And that is why Sanji isn't going to give up on the restaurant.

I feel like some giant emotional thing happened and I missed it because I'm a prat. I can still kind of remember enough and read the chapter before to remind myself but I think I ruined part of Sanji's story.

Shame on me because I really like Sanji and his story!

It was a good ending to it though and I'm not being sarcastic when I say I feel quite bad about waiting so long to see the conclusion (September? SEPTEMBER?!)

I can't wait to see what he does now, I mean he's survived the blast and now he's got to fight, I can't really remember much more about it but I can't wait to see what happens in the end!

This whole adventure kind of shows how Sanji became the way he is but also to show how tough he'd be for Luffy's team, he's had it beaten into him in a way the tough way round. Everyone so far has had a difficult story and everyone has become a better person because of it and its fun to see the unique way that these characters join together.

They are like one big jigsaw puzzle with all the small little bits fitting into place right now.

It was always one of the things I loved about the 50 chapters I have read, the characters were well thought out and all brought something new and exciting to the table.

Now lets get it finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment