31 January 2014

Nobunagun : Oda Nobunaga

Gun No. 1

Now this supernatural/action anime caught my eye.

By the sound of it there are a load of agents from some government agency that are called "E-Gene Holders" and they possess weapons infused with the spirits of historical figures.

Now I don't care what anyone says that sound amazing! It has to be really bad for me not to like it, I mean it sounds AWESOME!

***SPOILERS***

So it starts off awesomely in a battle and suddenly the guy we're kinda looking through the eyes of die and a girl wakes up, apparently it was all her dream.

The girl is called Ogura Sio, and her class have gone to Taiwan for sight seeing apparently. She seems to be an outcast but there is one girl called Karou who seems determined that Ogura should spend time with them.

Suddenly everything goes crazy and tanks are being thrown around the place, planes are firing in the city, people are running and there is some giant crab monster thing.

The indents, the INDENTS!!!! JACK THE FREAKIN' RIPPER!!!

*Ahem* excuse me.

So yeah nothing they throw at the giant crab monster works, someone actually gets turned into a puddle of blood, yes there is blood in episode 1.

Just the name of some of these E-Gene Holders is making me excited. Gandhi and Newton... Oh my!

And we get our first taste of a E-Gene Holder with Jack the Ripper, and he's deadly cool. Ogura gets brave and goes to say Karou (or Asao).

I'm sorry I really need to be a little more professional then I am right now but it really is just so cool so I'll stop trying to explain things.

So yeah quick story low down. Went on holiday with the school, enemies attack, guy shows up called Jack the Ripper and uses a sphere to get a weapon. He gets beat down and Ogura picks it up and wakens the spirit of Nobunaga and calls a gun.

OMG it was awesome!

Can you tell I liked that?

The animation leaves a little to be desired I guess, it wasn't the nicest quality but that doesn't really matter. It has a really interesting story. I say that it has a really interesting plot point, the E-Gene holders actually looks really cool and I will enjoy learning more about how that link works. Ogura really changed when she picked up that sphere from timid but brave girl to total badass, whatever the thing talking to Nobunaga was it told him that she would be his reincarnation but she's not a full reincarnation the way it usually works.

It is a good idea, I love it.

The E-Gene holders all look cool too, I can't wait to see more of them and hopefully there are more then just the three (and Ogura) that we get to meet. I'd love to see what kind of spirits they all have inside them. I mean they seem to be nothing like what their spirits are, well I say that but Jack the Ripper did seem to enjoy his job very much, but Gandhi seems like a twit and Newton seems like a bitch.

This is awesome!

I'm not sure I like the whole... I'm not sure how to put it, annotations? Like when the teacher couldn't remember her it was made clear with an annotation above his head saying "he forget about her". I mean there was one telling us she was eating white bread and another telling us she was drooling. It added nothing to the show really.

That is really just a small thing and I guess it did give me some interesting information, not that I wanted it, on the planes and tanks. I just think it was unneeded to be honest.

I will be watching this series, though there is a big chance it might become too weapons/robotic based. I like action as much as the next person but I'm not really into the weapon stuff, there has to be a good story behind all that to keep me interested.

Oh but those creatures look awesome!

Yes I think I've found a series I can really love.

No comments:

Post a Comment