16 December 2013

Gingitsune : Makoto's Future

Episode 11

It seems so long ago that we watched episode 10 with all the other anime in between!

Last episode focused on Satoru making a "friend". It was a fun episode that tried to teach Saturo a lesson, and I think it got through a little bit!

***SPOILERS***

We get introduced to Murakami Zanzo, the Executioner. A TV show that Gin and Makoto's father seem to watch! Nice to see Gin spends time with him seeing he seems to love the spirits so much even if he ccan't see them.

So looks like Makoto is thinking of being a bride when she grows up. Her father is the normal lovely guy that he is and tells her he'll support her no matter what she wants.

Makoto goes to talk to Gin about what her mother was like. Turns out her mother always had health problems and no one really wanted her to marry Makoto's father.

Next day they seem to be cleaning the shrine but Makoto is worried about where her father is and then suddenly Funabashi and Yumi show up. Her dad shows up his friend from the other shrine Yoshitomo who is hilarious! I love how he goes on about Makoto ending up with a bad apple then glares at Satoru!

We then get to meet Etsuko, Tatsuo's sister (and yes that is the name of Makoto's father at long last...)

So whilst the men work the girls go shopping, sounds about right!

We learn about the cleansing ceremony which sounds nice and I can't wait to see it.

I'm excited for next episode!

This was a really nice episode playing as a lead in to the cleansing ceremony. It introduced characters important for the ceremony (more friends and family) as well as told us a lot about it and what to expect from it.

I enjoyed it, it was more aimed to give us the information we need but that doesn't mean it didn't have its merits, I liked learning about the ceremony (I'm a bit like Funabashi and must research all interesting things) and I liked seeing everyone getting excited for it.

It kind of reminds you the long path they've taken to get here.

I've loved the style of the show so far and I can say it just carries on interesting me no end. It doesn't have to have any drama in the story to have me hooked on every word, it feels like every sentence is of utmost importance and if I don't pay my fullest attention I'll miss out on something important. It gets you hooked.

My favourite thing ever is the cute little crush that Funabashi has on Tatsuo. That is adorable!

I have to say I loved Yoshitomo, he was generally very funny and very rounded as a character. I love how he just managed to make everyone laugh at his silliness but he's actually very deep. I wish he'd been in it earlier! I'd have loved to see the double team of him and Tatsuo more.

It is sad that next week is the last episode because it feels like we are just getting to know these characters and I want to see them grow even more. It has been a wonderful show.

No comments:

Post a Comment