26 November 2013

Gingitsune : Learning to Compromise

Episode 2

The series started off really well, a show about a girl and the Fox Spirit at her shrine.

Hopefully it'll build on its wonderful first episode.

***SPOILERS***

For a change Makoto makes the bus!

Ikegami (or Yumi) seems to have cheered up but as I guessed (kind of) she doesn't trust Makoto's predictions.

And the cool ones name is finally revealed! Funabashi! How cool is that! She does seem to be the cool one... Well when I say cool I mean the cool one for me. I love her hair. It reminds me of what I thought my hair looked like when I had it long. In actual fact it looked like Tomoko's but never mind.

Ahem.

She's Vice President and has a right go at Ikegami. She's also very cold to Makoto telling her to stop distracting people with her fortune telling thinking she just likes the attention.

Apparently Funabashi comes from a tea ceremony family.

Gin kind of gives Makoto good advice, what is the point of complaining about someone and what they said just to do what they tell you that you should do anyway? Either be unhappy and say it or just get on with life.

I think Funabashi is just a little over the top. She also ends up spending her time on her own.

Turns out that Yumi's friends are trying to teach Funabashi a lesson by saying they'd help her but actually losing the report and pretending they had nothing to do with anything.

Actually these girls seem to have little to do with Yumi right now, it seems one of them is upset the Student President fancies Funabashi. Yumi actually makes them bugger off and leave Funabashi. She then kind of just explodes with emotions, seems her parents put too much pressure on her.

And just like that the three of them are going to spend the night in the shrine and seem to be getting on very well.

You can't walk up the middle off the stairs because that is reserved for the Gods, interesting little fact. When walking in a shrine you are meant to walk on the left side and leave room for Gods but it also stops you walking into each other.

Turns out they'll be together for a long time, according to Gin. Ohhh I love Gin.

Yep this is getting better every episode!

I like how they've brought three totally different girls together for the show. I love all three of them in their own way, Yumi is kind of the air head of the group and Funabashi is the sensible smart one whilst Makoto is the glue in the middle, the filling of the sandwich.

Sweet really!

I kind of got the feeling all episode until she said it that Funabashi had a lot of responsibility purely because of her family, it is nice that she's found a way to get away from that slightly.

I did feel that she had gotten what school really is wrong, it is a place that you "can't do what you like" but at the same time it is the last place you have to really explore life to its fullest and make friends easily. After school you get into work and that is so different, you can be in a place for a few months, a few years or the rest of your life. Yeah you'll make friends along the way but no matter how much I get on with people at work I'll keep them on Facebook after they leave and that is it really.

She really needed friends to show her there is more to school and life in general then just playing by other people's rules. Everything you do has its own set of rules but you also have to have your own as well. It is what defines a person. And I also like the fact that she ended up kind of learning that just because Yumi isn't a straight A student doesn't mean that she's a bad student, she obviously has a dream and is struggling to make that dream a reality, it doesn't come easy to her so she's offered to help her. A nice touch.

I loved the story, not enough Gin in it but then again there never will be enough Gin for me! That sounds bad...... Never mind.

It really is just a sweet show and if it carries on this way will be a favourite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment