2 October 2013

Miss Monochrome : Fall

Episode 1

I've heard that Miss Monochrome was some kind of character thought up for a live show or something? Can't say that I really understood what I was reading (probably lost in translation) but the gist was that the person reviewing it was confused themselves at what it would be like.

Well.... Gotta give it a go!

***SPOILERS***

We open with apparently a dream where (I'm guessing) Miss Monochrome is being told by a dying bint that they'll meet again under some waterfall.

Miss Monochrome is an idol who lives in some weird castle type thing. She has some annoying side kick who she took in after seeing her abandoned under a bridge. Miss Monochrome wants to be more popular, first step is getting a manager so annoying becomes her manager (her name is Mana).....

Just Mana stole the money and Miss Monochrome was forced to leave her castle.

She bumps into a manager, and I mean a manager at a store and asks him to be her manager and get her work. She starts working at a convenience store.......

Like Super Seisyun Brothers it is only 4 minutes long and to be honest it seems like it'll be short jokey episodes about her wanting to become and idol to meet the idol that she dreams about.

Miss Monochrome isn't an annoying character (like those in SSB seemed to be) and the episode did get a chuckle out of me so I will be watching again next week.

I loved the weird looking castle thing, I wonder, seeing she didn't look to be a popular or good idol, how she got the money for that castle. Never mind her fortune is now gone.

The character of Miss Monochrome seems really simple which is a good thing I think because it isn't like you'll be having 4 minutes of an annoying know it all or something, it'll be 4 minutes of adorableness. Or at least that is what I hope! It could go either way I guess.

The best joke was the meeting the manager thing, man did I chuckle! Such a simple yet sweet joke to make.

Whereas I felt last week to nearly have lost 4 minutes of my life watching SSB this week... I don't feel I did with Miss Monochrome which could be one of the "break up the week with cuteness" animes of the season.

I enjoyed it greatly!

No comments:

Post a Comment