2 October 2013

Diabolik Lovers : Episode 3 (o'Clock)

Episode 3

Last week Ayato got his own way with Yui.... How boring?

This anime pulls me in just to throw me away again, just as I think that Yui is going to make this alright then it drags back into this pit that Vampires have gotten into recently where everything has to be "sexy" instead of downright cool.

I have a feeling I might spend the rest of the series complaining loudly about it.

***SPOILERS***

They all eat food normally... Why this surprises me seeing Ayato was eating last episode I don't know. It is weird seeing them all sit down for a meal though. And why is Shu always in some sort of pain? Or at least calling everything a pain.

Raito seems to be playing with his food though it is Yui that gets told she'll be taken aside and disciplined by Reiji.

So Ayato is still threatening her and for some reason Shu is in her bathtub... Fully clothed...

We find out they all have different mothers.... Shu and Reiji are from the same mother, Ayato, Kanato and Raito are triplets. Subaru is from yet another mother.

After Yui touches Shu's hand he seems to remember something.... He even manages to remember it in saturates. When he comes to again he pulls Yui into the bath with him, by far the more likable out of him and Ayato but why does it have to go straight to sucking blood?

She just doesn't get away from these people, back in her bedroom and Ayato is waiting and not happy to see teeth marks.

A game of darts? He challenges Shu to a game of darts?

So she now "belongs" to Shu.

If it wasn't for the mystery of her father and the small brief glimpses of interesting stories I wouldn't bother with this. The characters are all stupid and the only two I have any real care for are Reiji and Shu, unfortunately just as Shu looked to be becoming interesting he ended up acting just like Ayato and bored me once again.

I guess I can't really come into this wanting something great to come out of it, it has a purpose and it is playing to that purpose but I got suckered in thinking that beyond the "romance" angel there would be something I could get on bored with.

So far it has been seen around the edges but still the focus is too far for me to really care.

I don't like any of the characters really other than Yui but it seems they are scared to have her character hit out at all, she shows flashes of being really brave and pretty awesome and then goes back to just doing nothing. Shame. I like her when she shows character but 90% of the episode it is pointless having her there because she's like a piece of clothing.

The vampires are meant to treat her that way but why the hell anyone finds something interesting when the writers treat the character that way I don't know!

To be honest I'd have given up on this last week if it hadn't been for the shorter run time. 14 minutes a week to see if the story gets better doesn't really bother me but I am losing patience that this show has so much going for it that isn't important because what is important is the... Whatever you'd call it "romance" between unbelievable one dimensional characters.

And that is giving it more credit at times then it deserves!

No comments:

Post a Comment