26 October 2013

Battle Spirits: Saikyou Ginga Ultimate Zero : Ice Star! Who is Calling me with an Ultimate Voice?

Episode 5

We have moved away from Gunrock, where next is anyone's guess!

***SPOILERS***

So Rei is dreaming, Rikuto is looking at his compass and planning their journey.

An Ultimate Crystal has been found on planet Ice Cube.  It seems that Rei has been dreaming that someone has been calling him, and Ice Cube looks like a giant Ice Cube...... With a load of Ice Cubes. Pentans? PENTANS? Is that what they call Penguins in this world? I LOVE THAT NAME I FOREVER WILL KNOW PENGUINS AS PENTANS!

So Rei isn't the only person here, there are many hundreds by the look of it.

Someone is calling Rei? I'm guessing it is the Ultimate that is calling him.

Back in the bar and we are back with Kiriga who has just got a new card.

Zard the Invisible is the top guy there being part of the Seven Generals.

So instead of seeing him battle Zard we get to see him battle the Dorktrio again? Wonderbus.

Actually he doesn't do badly this time against him, of course Siegfried comes out and that is where he will always win. A nice attempt though, I want it to end fast so that we can get to see the new Ultimate in action though. Zard looks impressed I'm guessing he'll be up next! Actually if it wasn't for the fact that the Ultimate is pretty much unbeatable he nearly actually got the Ultimate this time round. Really impressed with this match up.

Ultimate-Siegfrieden? So technically not a cool new card but an old card with newish powers?

Interesting I guess!

It is just nice to have something a little different in his deck.

I'll be really interested to see the difference between the two dragons in play. Though as I've said before I'd also quite like to see Rei get a different color deck, the green one looks interesting and if Pentans are blue I'd like to see him have a blue deck with Pentans. Yes I love Pentans.

I was actually really surprised by how good Moron face was! It was by far the most interesting battle to date and I really did feel like Rei was in for it at one point, of course he was going to win we always know the good guy will win that is why it is such a good thing when it FEELS like they aren't going to win and this episode had that so good on them!

Siegfrieden? I was hoping for a giant Pentan, sad times.

Zard seems pretty cool though, a little too Mr Freeze though with his armor but he seems pretty bad ass can't wait to see him in action against Rei but guess that will be a little way into the future. I hope we get to see a bit more variety in the matches that is the weakness of the series so far, we have seen a few different things from Rei (and a lot of interesting stuff from his opponents) but I'd like to see a bit MORE variety from Rei's side now.

It will be the one sticking point to the series.

I liked the episode, I adored the setting even if it was just basic school kid drawings I loved it!

Have to say even when he's only in one scene Kiriga is a awesome character and can't wait to see him and Rei go up against each other, he must be good if he can't be bothered with Ultimate cards!

My biggest want now is to see some variety, I like seeing the different battle spirits. I do think Rei relies too heavily on the Ultimates though and having only two (now three but only a variation of one of the other two cards) makes it feel samey, they don't go into the battles in great detail so you usually end up seeing the drawing of the Ultimate and tail end of the battle.

It doesn't ruin the fun but it is something that I'd just LIKE to see evolve within the show. I mean it is only episode 5 so plenty of time for that to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment