3 September 2013

Watamote : Since I'm Not Popular I'll Put on Airs

Lament 8

So.... Summer break....

We had to giggle at "You sow, you stink! Not really! Just kidding! Your hair smells great, Tomoko! And it's so smooth! I love you!"

Then when she tried to put it into the sound files of her game and her mother overheard the conversation she made.......... We all cringed for her.

But the saddest part was having to BRIBE her brother (who as a baby wanted to marry big sister) into watching her set off sparklers in the back garden...

***SPOILERS***

Their cousin Kii-chan is coming to visit so Tomoko needs to get tidying her room up!

By the sound of it she's been telling Kii-chan she had a boyfriend who she could only do anything with when she gets to high school....Yeah the lie is coming back to bite her on the ass!

Her way out? Become a high school bitch.

Turns out that it looks like Kii-chan likes her stories... I'm guessing she knows they are false. Tomoko calls her best friend a bitch, not to her face or anything. She goes to find new clothes. She decides to give herself hickeys all over her body but it doesn't work so... she.... uses... a... vacuum.

Wow... Just wow, she screams at her mom who just slaps some sense into her!

One of the guys from the rainy day see Tomoko in the Library waiting for Kii-chan, Kosaka is his name, he tries to be friendly but she can't speak to him.

Her pretending that he was her boyfriend doesn't work out, they go to the Library next day and see him with another girl. Tomoko has a break down in the toilet and Kii-chan actually goes and confronts him. I don't know why Tomoko doesn't just stay in the toilet but she goes and tries to talk to him.

So we go to the convenience store next day where she plays card games. Apparently she's "The Queen" but it is one more crack in the relationship between the two of them as Kii-chan see's her cheating. After Tomoko says she did it for Kii-chan she decides that she needs to do something for Tomoko next.

Having the sympathy of someone younger than yourself.... OK.

I liked the episode other than the cheating, I don't know why she just couldn't have won the game. Why does she just have to be useless at everything? I'd have liked Kii-chan to have seen that Tomoko might not be cool in the normal sense but she had something special. Sad.

I feel real bad for Tomoko with the guy, she could have started making a friend and now she's lost that completely, well, hopefully not. Kosaka seemed nice enough! After the shock of having her beg for his forgiveness he might.... Forgive her.

I always come out of the episodes thinking "Poor Tomoko" but this time she put herself in a corner. The great thing was that she always had a get out of jail card "he got bored of waiting so left me so I've just been enjoying school life and working hard." Her cousin isn't old enough to care as much as she does about boys so it wouldn't have mattered.

She should have then asked her mum to let her and her cousin go to the beach or something, because now she is just being mocked by a kid. Well not mocked but you know what I mean.

I do hope we see more of Kosaka, he seems a nice character, we need someone who will keep trying with Tomoko!

I also don't get why Yuu wouldn't have asked Tomoko to come to the beach with her other friends, seeing that she wanted Tomoko to meet her to make her feel better maybe remember that and invite her along? Sorry but that is a bit mean "ohh yeah Tomoko I've had a fight with my boyfriend come and cheer me up, but I'll only get back in touch with you again if I need you..."

It might not be the way that Yuu is meant to be seen as but that is what happened to me at school. Any friend I had just wanted me there when they wanted me, they'd never invite me anywhere or go out of their way to see me, if they wanted me to do something they'd get in touch and I ran to be there because I never got invited out ever. It might be a cynical view on the world but that is because I've lived it.

It was fun having a side kick with Tomoko but I missed Tomoki....

No comments:

Post a Comment