3 September 2013

DANGANRONPA : The Animation : All All, Apologies Not Normal Arc

Episode 9

Last episode was very sad, we found out the story of Oogami who sided with Monokuma but changed her mind, later on in the episode after there had been fighting with Genocider and Asahina we found Oogami dead in a locked room.

Personally I say suicide, her job was to kill someone if it got quiet, it was a locked room and I don't think any of the people there could manage to kill someone in a locked room, not only that there was a smashed bottle of what could have been acid/poison like Oogami warned Asahina about when they unlocked the new floor.

But that is just me....

***SPOILERS***

OK so I am kind of wrong it wasn't a bottle it was a figurine. Never mind....

Down and down we go to the trial room it is!

I was worried this wasn't going to have half enough episode to get through the whole cast but now I have a feeling there isn't enough episodes left to get rid of all the students!

Ohhh so it is bed wetters time to bore us all.

So Genocider is trying to blame it all on Hagakure and of course Asahina doesn't care it is one of three people and someone must pay!

Turns out that Hagakure did hit Oogami but it seems that she was fine other than a little hurt.

Turns out that Genocider hit Oogami too with one of the bottles.

I have to stop saying turns out, though it is how I feel like writing at times! Anyways it seems that it was poison that killed Oogami as a poison had been changed with protein powder. Suddenly this brings out a confession from Asahina.

Asahina's confession makes no sense and Neagi works it out, Ohgami killed herself, we get a flashback of what happened and it is the second most heartbreaking thing I've seen today!

I don't know which of the suicide notes was the sadder one!

After they all stood strong together Monokuma pulls out his ace, with no one to punish he's going to punish Alter Ego instead.... Not that anyone knew he had Alter Ego to begin with!

It all happens after the credits! Friendly arguing and then Kirigiri asks Naegi to the data processing room at 3am but Monobear is there instead. Super Duper High School Despair Ikusaba Mukuro....

See I SAID it would be suicide! Made the most sense. Especially with the chair blocking the door itself not just the door being locked.

Well what a sad story!

As you all know I didn't even figure out that Ohgami was a female until later in the series and I'll admit I didn't think about her feelings much either she was so level headed.

Well she was level headed to the end which was nice! She gave her life for the others, the martyr for their cause and now we are all going to work together. That along with the death of Alter Ego really have bonded the group now.

I'm happy that it looks like we'll be moving forwards with these lot as a team, I have really wanted to have a more group effort in some of the stories. I think it would have been nice to have had the first two episodes getting to know the group, though I've figured since then regardless of screen time come the end I cared about most of the characters!

So where does this leave us?

Well with a mysterious High Schooler that we've only seen hit Naegi once.

A united front should get us moving forward but is there any forward to move? It is a death sentence to break down a locked door so the data processing room and the head masters room will stay inaccessible for the time being. They have everything they see around them I doubt there will be a fifth floor seeing that we have the headmasters office now and the faculty room so this is it!

A handful of students with the scars of seeing their comrades kill each other and a handful of unhelpful rooms.

I do have a feeling that it will be Kirigiri that saves the day, how did she find out about the mystery person? How does she do anything! I do believe she'll be the one that finds a way out.

A great episode and it made me teary, Ohgami/Oogami is such a sweet character I'm sad to see her go!

No comments:

Post a Comment