10 September 2013

Thinking of a way out...

Well most of the people who have put up with my moaning know I'm having troubled times at work recently so I've spent most of my free time on sick leave looking for a new job and looking for something different.

I really want to travel, I know my photography and writing skills suck to I won't be able to get into a travel job that way.

I guess you'd have to be real lucky to get onto one of the big cruises and even then I've heard staff have no time to get away from the boat anyway.

Other than that it seems you have to be in childcare or able to finance getting somewhere, getting to know the place and becoming a tour guide... Or becoming and English teacher which is a no-no for me as I can hardly hear what people say to me at the best of times!

Failing traveling I wanted to work with animals but the only zoo's close to me will be a pain to get to. Paignton is at least 2 hours away and 2 buses or a bus and 2 trains, Newquay is a bus and a train and about 2 hours away, Living Coast is the same and Dartmoor doesn't really have any transport from Plymouth other than one bus that is irregular at the best of times!

Pet shops... I've been looking but there never seems to be an opening.

I don't even care if I moved away and ended up working in an office in London or something! But that would mean having money to move and I don't earn half enough to do that.

When you get turned down for everything from pushing trolleys in ASDA to underpaid office jobs it isn't exactly easy to get away.

The big problem for me is I have a feeling they are trying to get rid of me now at work, our manager has officially left and they are also looking for another part time member of staff with one more hour then I have (it might sound silly but I've been begging for two hours for years as it takes me up to at least 16!)

I just wish I had some sort of skill! I envy people who do. I thought once upon a time I could write but I really can't, I love taking photos but they are usually blurred and pointless... My sister always seems to be able to exceed in whatever she wants to do WHEN she wants to do it yet I turn my mind onto things and I fail every time. I mean Miss Getting-Pregnant-at-16 is now learning how to drive as she earns double the amount I do in a month, she keeps rubbing it in as well! She's changed her mind about her future about a million times before and after she gave birth but she finds it so easy to get into courses and with her being on benefits she usually gets it all funded anyway whilst I have to pay.

Don't tell me she works for these things because I live with her and can tell you honestly she does shit all most of the day but be a bad mother and ignore all the pets she brought purely because she thought it would make the council give her a house!

Just for once I'd like SOMETHING to go my way. Full time hours on a temporary or permanent basis. If it is just temporary fine because I can save up, get the experience and move away to London or something! Just a little, or in my case going from 14 to anything over 20 hours, extra money so I COULD learn to drive or even learn a new language, splash out on a course that might mean I could move into a better area. Just something!

Any ideas on ways to even just make a small amount of extra money would be helpful! I  thought about adding adsense to the blog but I doubt I'd get anything. I'd love to earn just a little bit so next year I could go abroad on holiday and maybe see if I could do a travel blog on the side! I'd love to do anything!

So readers help! Any ideas what a really under talented, bog standard, too shy to talk to people geek could do in lovely Plymouth? (England)

No comments:

Post a Comment