8 September 2013

Servant x Service : Everyone Has Close Calls. Learn from them and Keep the Workplace Healthy

Episode 5

Could well be the last blog I write on this series.....

Lets hope not hey?
(Not that it really matters as I missed so bloody many of them at the time and am catching up!)

***SPOILERS***

So Yamagami wakes up to find another women next to her, and she knows who she is! The girl says that she is Hasebe and that she is really a girl.... Turns out (obviously) that it is his sister. Her name is Kaoru and her hobby is playing tricks on people.... She's just like her brother!

Whilst walking home... to work... whatever she says that she owes him a favor and he decides to "save" them up. She goes back to give Kaoru a present to say thank you and they end up going to visit Hasebe. HE WEARS GLASSES!

On Monday Yamagami gives a rather weird account of what happened to her after she left them which leaves him hitting Hasebe.

We find out that Ichimiya has a girlfriend.... It turns out that Chihaya is his current girlfriend, she says its a joke but it is obvious it pretty much isn't by his reaction...

And that is pretty much the end of it really.

I just..... Why? Why is it needed?

This series has so much going for it and now we have a "secret" relationship between Ichimiya and Chihaya.

I didn't even make it to the end of the episode.

I don't know, I really don't. It isn't really the fact it has love stories in it just that it is unconvincing love stories with unfunny jokes tagged on here and there.

I mean to be fair this is the first time that Hasebe actually looked like he might actually be interested in Yamagami other than in a joke-ish way and that was only for ONE line. I'd love to hear from anyone that found their relationship so far anything other than pointless!

Ichimiya and Chihaya could have been funny if it wasn't for the unconvincing drivel between Yamagami and Hasebe first! For a women that joined the civil service purely to confront someone who allowed her parents to name her with such a stupid name she isn't intelligent, with it or even strong as a character, she bends to the whim of a guy she's only known for a few weeks/months and that has been nothing but a pain, slacker and doesn't listen to how much she dislikes being called Lucy.

Why would she fall in love with that?

As for the breasts, breast gags and... Yeah.

There is just so much good to this series and it has been swept aside for something that just doesn't really stick together. At least Harry Potter had the unconvincing love stories to one side and it didn't ruin the story, this has.

I'm fully aware before anyone says anything that it will work for other people but it doesn't for me. Sorry!

I don't want the characters to be heartbroken or anything like that and funny shows can do it pretty well, I just think the whole thing was convoluted and didn't hold up at all.

I loved the style of the anime, the situation they were in and most of the jokes but adding on yet ANOTHER "jokey" relationship on top of the already annoying Yamagami/Hasebe thing was too much.

For a start how dare anyone tell Ichimiya he is wrong to spend Christmas with his sister. I really don't get that at bloody all! They have no on but each other and if his girlfriends didn't understand that it is tough on them. I don't get that bit of the story at all.

Sorry it just... Doesn't work.

And this was one of my MUST WATCH animes.

BAH!

The sad thing is Miyoshi was a great character and their relationships outside of the romantic crap was really fun. Plus I'd love to see more of the section manager. But this episode drained me and that can't happen. I need to enjoy what I watch I can't just watch because maybe one joke in three episodes time will make me giggle.

No more Servant x Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment