8 September 2013

Gin no Saji : Hachiken Rides a Horse

Episode 2

So don't dispair my readers! I know I'm late with this blog as well but I've just been told possibly in the winter season this anime has a season 2! So catching up now means that if that is true then I'll be ready for that season to come out and be better at it!

I really loved the uniqueness that this series promises and it is a subject close to my own heart. I love animals.

Sooooo lets get started on the recap?!

***SPOILERS***

Before I start.

Yugo Hachiken is the main character and from what I could tell lady on the BEAST of a horse, Aki Mikage, is going to be his love interest.

Team A then includes Ichiro Komaba, Shinnosuke Aikawa, Tamako Inada, Keiji Tokiwa.

That is basically more for me to reference than anything else seeing I didn't pick up on any of their names other than Aki's last episode!

Turns out that Hachiken never really liked joining clubs but that didn't help him get into a college. Inada has forgotten her morning snack and feels weak. Ohh I love Inada! She'd be me that is for sure!

Hachiken is told he is a slave to the livestock which seems to upset him, but he hasn't got time to worry about that! He is still having problems eating food that come from animals that he's seen or worked with. Turns out the guy giving them food is Inada's brother. She's joined table tennis club, come on Hachiken choose something!

The Holstein club is quite scary! He's saved by a master of the equestrian club.

That beast of a horse is so cool looking! We get a lesson on horses about how they are shy and delicate and why they are observant of people. This is one of the things I really like about these two episodes, we've learnt just that little bit about animals and farms.

So Hachiken has joined the equestrian club.

And just as he thought he didn't have to wake up at 5 anymore he's told he has to be up at 4am to look after the horses.

Someone actually joined the Holstein club! SCARY! I believe he is Aikawa, the one that wants to be a vet so looking after cows is a good thing for him. Ohhh  the Holstein club is a cow breeding type club, the third years are all obsessed with cows.

Hachiken is caught by the principal slacking off a bit but it seems he's a nice enough man and wants to help him. And with that the first years finally are allowed on the horses, lets hope this makes him realize how important it is to clean their stalls properly.

Ohhh dear... They are having a bath and one of them mentions that the girls bath is meant to be the one above them.... Silly boys.

I really enjoyed the episode again, everything has its own pace and it just is nice. I like how Hachiken has to learn more than anyone about the animals and respecting them and I love the fact that his ideas on these animals are changing. He's getting a new perspective on things that he didn't really think about before.

I'll be interested in finding out what he ends up wanting to do, at the moment it is all about getting into college and doing other things but I think he'd work well on a farm to be honest, he seems to really be good with the animals when he puts his mind to it. OK he doesn't always have the right idea but that is the point, the school is going to change those ideas and make him better.

I like the slow burning friendship with Mikage, she seems lovely I can't wait to find out more about her! As she isn't really part of the group we don't know much about her so she's still a bit of a mystery.

I still love our Team even if we didn't see much of them, they are all bursting with life and at times I did feel the same as Hichiken, how do they find the energy to be so active all the time?

I do love Inada though! And her brother... And the fact they have special table tennis energy! Can't wait to see more of them.

The thing I love most about it is that it teaches us as the audience a little about animals, ok this episode didn't go into detail but I find horses scary and have grown up with numerous people who have horses and love them and I've never understood it.

My favorite film growing up was Black Beauty though for some reason...

So this just gave me a little understanding of why people would love horses, and the way they explain it I don't really wonder anymore it makes perfect sense!

Another great episode and I can't believe I have taken so long to get up to date with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment