8 September 2013

Servant x Service : Beware of Next Week's Unseen Danger

Episode 4

Last episode Hasebe failed to attain Yamagami's e-mail address as much as he tried.

He had the perfect opportunity too!

Silly boy.

***SPOILERS***

So Chihaya starts the episode still going on about getting Yamagami to cosplay, apparently she's been taking her measurements...

Her and Miyoshi walk in on Hasebe probably teaching Yamagami sign language, though to the untrained eye it just looks like they are holding hands!

I know fish as well! "Please leave the room sexual harassment" and what is Chihaya doing exactly?

So Chihaya thinks that Hasebe wants Yamagami to cosplay meaning they are now... According to her rivals.

Hasebe helps Yamagami to organize the library and she talks to him about why she thinks he's popular which leads to him saying she should go out with him. She rejects him and he seems to take it pretty well! Miyoshi later tells Yamagami (not that Yamagami tells them he asked her out just asks if he's the kind that would ask any girl out) that he said that he never asks a girl out first, meaning Yamagami gets more weird then she was to begin with.

She goes to apologize in her own special way and gets a lesson in growing up and then silly her agrees to go to lunch with him!

The section manager is a stuffed...... rabbit..... I have no words for the brilliance of that joke.

Chihaya tries to get Yamagami to see why Hasebe is asking her out but she totally misreads the situation and thinks he's trying to make her fat so everyone ends up calling her a idiot.

Later on and they take their section manager out for a drink. For some reason they leave a drunk Yamagami with Hasebe to get home. She's too drunk though and ends up asleep so they head (I'm hoping) to a hotel.

.... Well after the end sequence she wakes up next to another women so Gods knows where she is!

I'm not sure, I'm wavering, I had such high hopes for it in episode one! It isn't what I thought it would be, I thought it would be nice just seeing these people and their day to day lives in the office but it is slowly becoming a romantic thing between Hasebe and Yamagami and I'm not really into love stories...

I say that then someone is bound to look at my yearning for Benten and the Prof. to have a love story episode in Uchouten, that isn't really what I mean though.

I came into this for the jokes, the whole section manager as a stuffed toy thing is what I love, Ichimiya and his little sister, Miyoshi with her problems with talkative customers, Chihaya and her wanting Yamagami to cosplay. That is the kind of thing I want to see.

Even if I was to be convinced of a romantic angle....... This isn't working for me.

I'm sorry but it isn't.

Hasebe seems to be doing all this as a joke and I don't like that, I don't even really like Yamagami but since episode one it just feels like he's taking the Michael out of her and I feel that Ichimiya should probably get involved and help her out which he really isn't doing.

I don't know I'm going to give it at least one more episode before I fully make my mind up on this one but at the moment I'm not feeling the love for it.

Which is a shame because there are a few really good things going on with the series but I just can't stand the really weird relationship forming between Hasebe and Yamagami. It has one more episode to win me over.

Thing is I love most of the characters but I don't feel like part of their group (see one review of Free! for an explanation) I just feel so outside it all.

And it does keep switching point. You have two main stories and they don't gel well together at all and it takes you out of it as you try to figure it out.

Take away Hasebe and you will find the episodes run a lot smoother. That is the sad fact of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment