12 September 2013

Kiniro Mosaic : The Wonderful Five

Episode 10

Last week there was a sleepover, the morning after Aya thought she'd been mean to Yoko and spent the whole episode trying to be more like Karen just to find out that Yoko had never been mad in the first place!

Sweet!

***SPOILERS***

We start with a speech from our favorite teacher. She ends up in the wrong room and then gives Shino a A for effort because she felt sorry for her.

Ohhh teacher!

After telling Alice that she likes Shino Alice ends up stalking the teacher... When Yoko runs into it the teacher they see a photo of her pet rabbit, but she refuses to tell them the name! (I think its Shino...)

Ohhh and Karen gets a new nickname... Curry!

Whilst once again talking to Shino the teacher see's Alice glaring at her so decides to confront her... On whether Alice likes her or not. And I was wrong! She named her rabbit Alice because Alice is so cute!

Turns out that Shino is a Gemini and Alice a Aries! Just for future quizzes and the such!

Once again sensei went into the wrong room and ruined a surprise the class had for their birthday. Poor sensei!

Next up they go out to play baseball, or at least practice. After a load of mishits Alice finally gets one!

Aya, Alice, Shino are all type A's and Yoko is type O apparently... I'm guessing they mean blood type?

Also Shino would pay a hundred thousand yen for Alice if she was a doll.

Karen then gets lost chasing after a white cat, so phones Shino.... And tells her about the cat but forgets to add that she is lost.

Totally by coincidence all five of them end up at mall together and sensei ends up running after the white cat...

I like the fact we got a load of useless facts about the girls! And also got to see sensei doing lots of stupid things, have to love her!

The episode did what the series does best, just charms you to the bones. The characters are such lovable kids and you can't help but just enjoy seeing their day to day life. And a glimpse into Yoko's family to boot!

I love the relationship between Aya and Toko, it really is adorable and innocent. I can't wait to see what happens with them two.

It is one of those shows where it doesn't really matter what happens you just know at the end you'll always have a smile on your face though I feel like if Alice or Karen end up leaving it might be such a heartbreaking episode I doubt I'd cope!

To be honest, being in a bit of a crisis at the moment, the whole episode kind of went over my head at times, not in a bad way but I did find myself more sitting here smiling at it. But that is the great thing even though I've basically bullet pointed a load of things that the characters did I don't need to go deeper to find meaning in it.

These characters aren't complex messes that we have to think about hard every single episode to understand they are just.... Characters. Enjoying their life. Enjoying being friends. Making the best at school. Just living.

Maybe that is why it got to me this week, I've been on sick for nearly three weeks now and haven't left the house really because its made me feel bad and seeing Alice chase a dream to go to Japan at such a young age kind of made me think about what I really dreamt of when I left school. Being emotionally bullied at work wasn't something I ever imagined, I guess that is what this series can do, it'll make you hold a mirror to your life or your past self and make you ask questions.

Or is this me being philosophical?

Really enjoyed the episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment