25 September 2013

Kiniro Mosaic End of Season Review

After a visit from a Japanese girl named Shino it becomes Alice's dream to go to Japan and live with Shino. In their first year of middle school Alice transfers to Japan, she's learnt Japanese and ready to be with Shino. During the adventures of the two not only does Alice make friends with Shino's friends Yoko and Aya but one of Alice's friends from England comes over to Japan to study with them.


Now I didn't think i'd like this at all, it was just about a load of girls and not really something I'm into.

How wrong was I though?! Man was this series great!

There is nothing to it, the whole series is purely spending time with the five girls.

Alice Cartelet and Shinobu Omiya are the main characters technically, I mean all the girls are and later on they all take the main stage, but the whole story starts with Shinobu (shortened to Shino) going to England and making friends with Alice even though the two of them didn't understand a word the other said.

Shino is obsessed with "foreigners" and has a love of blonde hair that see's her memorized by Alice. On the other hand Alice just loves Shino and it is that love that sends her to Japan. When she joins Shino's school she makes friends with Aya Komichi, a very intelligent and logical girl and Yoko Inokuma a tom boy who is best friends with Aya. It isn't long before another blonde girl from England arrives, Alice's friend Karen Kujo who is half English and half Japanese.

The five spend copious amounts of time together just being kids and that is what I love about the whole thing.

You all know by now just how difficult my life has been in recent months, too many changes, illness and suffering. This anime was always a wonderful cure especially as it always came after a monster of a weekend.

Seeing just how much fun they were having always made me smile, it was a feel good series that really made you happy. All the characters were lovely and each blossomed through the series into wonderfully full and lively characters.

My favorite episodes tended to be the ones outside of school or where they were doing something (like the school festival) but once more I have to say that the quality of episode's never dipped below Average+ which was a great thing.

I always find it hard to really talk about the series because it was cute and it really is something you have to watch to understand why I like it so much. There is just so much to love about the series.

I have a feeling I'm not making much sense so I'll try and be exact....

First off the girls are just wonderful characters, but not only do you just adore spending time in their company you learn a lot about Japan and its culture. To someone who loves Japan that was a wonderful part of it. OK there wasn't too much that they taught but the small parts we did learn were just nice!

The adventures where my favorite part, like the day out in the mountain and the festival. It just made everything seem more open, we weren't just seeing the girls at school we were seeing them grow away from the school as well.

Overall the anime just let you be a part of a group of friends and it was nice. You didn't have to think too hard about anything and the most important thing is it made you giggle!

The teacher, ohhh the useless teacher how I loved her. And Alice's obsession with Shino or Shino's oblivious nature to how much she sucks at English. It is all just really sweet and enduring.

I really do rate this series highly every episode was a hit for me and each character has a lot of positive points. I didn't dislike any element of the series at all and it made me happy to be a part of this world at least one a week.

Then the last episode!

I mean some people might have a problem with how much I loved it because of what I said about Dog and Scissors final episode but I loved how they basically finished the episode 8 minutes in and then had some fantastical fantasy story that Shino was making up on the spot to end the series on a happy note.

The reason I give Kiniro Mosaic a pass for doing so is that the show never had any "plot" it is just a sketch show giving us insight into the world of the Golden Five as it where. The last episode incorporated all the elements we fell in love with over 12 weeks. Aya's awkward feelings about Yoko, Shino being in love with blonde hair, how Shino and Alice feel about each other (being sisters)...

In a way the story kind of made it alright to be upset that the series was ending but at the same time reminding us that it will never be that far away from us and all the friends we've made along this series will still be there.

In all the series was a lovely touch and a real stand out for me. It was one of the ones I really didn't think I'd like and in the end it was one that I loved the most!

Fantastic series and well worth watching just to bring smiles to people's faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment