24 September 2013

Diabolik Lovers : Episode 2 (O'Clock)

Episode 2

So this is the make or break week I believe.

Diabolik Lovers episode one introduced us to the characters, the brothers and the girl, it introduced us to why she was where she ended up and also the mystery that her father wasn't her father.

It was nicely packaged into 15 minutes (a little less) and left me teetering on the fence. On one hand it could be interesting on the other I am no great fan of romance... We'll see shall we?

***SPOILERS***

Well if anything the opening is pretty cool, if it was just a weird vampire story I wouldn't look at it so critically so I'm trying not too. It gives me hope anyway.

So Yui wakes up and is happy she hasn't been bitten, huge sigh of relief though it seems someone must have changed her clothes.

Well the boys are all there, or at least some of them are there when she wakes up being as charming as ever and Reiji tells her she has to get ready for school. She needs to go to night school as she has to live her life to their time. She decides to go to the room with the journal but Ayato is outside watching out for her.

Pancake actually is quite a cute name other than the fact we know he's being a git. They are giving her cranberry juice because she is their pray... They are really lovely aren't they? Very classy bunch! One just calls her Little Bitch the other calls her a pancake because she's flat chested and the other is feeding her up like a pig for the slaughter!

Turns out she'll be in the same class as Ayato (and Raito?) anyway apparently it is food prep and Ayato takes her somewhere to cook.... I like she kind of forgot about the fact he's a git and tried to force him to do the dishes before he finally bites her. It didn't take long did it?

Reiji walks in and stops it and tells Ayato to take her home so he does and after she wakes up and asks him whats going on he throws her in a pool.... What a charming man.

Whilst he's being a bastard she can't swim and it seems that seeing her drown has brought back a bad memory for him so he gives up on the "say I'm your master" crap and goes and saves her.

Or maybe.... Only kind of.... That is when it gets artistically weird.

Outside the house there is some weird looking bloke we haven't seen yet, ohhhh who could that be?!

Yui goes walk about and finds the room that had the journal in it again, she finds the journal but it has been wiped totally blank.

OK I still don't know about this series and I could probably end up saying that all series long.

We'll start with the good stuff.

I actually like the characters, I think it is pretty funny. Yui isn't weak willed or anything but I wish she fought back a little more if she can. The brothers make me laugh the way they talk and I quite like Reiji and I think he's called Subaru?

The actual show itself is a wonderful piece of art, it looks gothic and beautiful. I could watch it all day.

What I don't like?

I hate that everything Vampire related has to be sexualised. I know this is apparently based off of one of those type of games but not really knowing anything about THAT type of game and now knowing that fact until after I watched the first episode (or just before) it still upsets me that it has to be that type of Vampire show.

So the love interest is going to be Ayato? Fair enough. I hope she toughens up and makes him have a dramatic U-turn in personality because it'll just be so stupid to have the poor defenseless girl fall in love with a meat head who treats her like crap.

There does seem to be a story in the background that I could really get behind, the mystery of her father, the house and the brothers could hold my interest and make me, in some ways, block out the bits I don't like. Thankfully it has a short running time as I could see it grinding on me if it was longer.

The show isn't uninteresting, it isn't terrible. I don't think it personally is something I'll like but I'm willing to give it a go for the mystery element.

So for now it is a keeper!





***DIABOLIK LOVERS WILL BE REVIEWED ON MONDAY EVENINGS FROM NOW ON****

No comments:

Post a Comment