5 August 2013

So did you take part in #TwitterSilence ?

I know I didn't! And I'll tell you why.

As someone who has been bullied most of my life, whether it was at school, in my area or at work, I can tell you making the victim shut up is the way that these bullies strive!

I agree that the idea behind it was noble, threats pointed at anyone on social media is wrong (threats are wrong in general), I see nasty things aimed at all types all the time and just feel like really asking these people what they think they are achieving?

Then again I'd love to ask a bully that in general!

What really makes you feel so big by upsetting others? How do you feel so special when all you do is threaten others? Make others feel scared and upset? If that person then ended their life would it be a victory? Can you not see that making others suffer and leaving them with life long problems isn't fun or anything to be proud of?!

Shutting up about it will never help. Instead we should spend our days sticking up for each other, not letting them win, not letting them walk over us and not sinking to their level. We should stand up and look out for each other and expose these boring and cruel people.

No one has actually explained to me what being silent is actually going to achieve?!

I just wish people would THINK before they say and do things. It might be corny but really treat others the way you would like to be treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment