16 August 2013

One Piece : What Happened at the bar

Chapter 10

So last time out Nami handed over Luffy and acted like she wanted to join Buggy's crew. The cruel women! So what is going to happen now that Luffy is locked in a cage?!

***SPOILERS***

So she's drinking with the crew and manages to drink them all under the table, she goes to see Luffy who is trying to eat his way out of the cage. I don't think Nami expected Buggy to want to kill Luffy though. The special Buggy Ball destroyed a whole section of the town in one, so Luffy has no chance!

But Buggy isn't going to pull the trigger himself, he tells Nami to do it.

Of course she has a change of heart but the fuse has been lit and she's being attacked.

Just in time for my uberly new favorite character (forever over shadowed by Coby though) Zoro to show up and stop any of them touching Nami. Buggy decides that he'll kill Zoro and make himself even more famous so Zoro attacks him just for Buggy to... Come apart?

Well we know he ate Devil Fruit himself so this is obviously something to do with it.

I'm happy Zoro is there to save the day, I really do like Zoro, I have a strange love for him at the moment. I kind of like how laid back he is, he's kind of decided that this is his path and nothing else matters. He'll become the greatest swords man and be a pirate and help Luffy. Their friendship is kind of like something you'd expect from childhood friends not from people who barely know one another.

And I like how this is what is slowly changing Nami's mind. Looking at them they aren't normal pirates in the sense she'd think of them and the way Buggy is. They are purely just good guys. I do like that about the series.

So the chapter?

I love Buggy I think he's a great villain, and I love his whole special ability if that is what his ability is. It makes him, I dunno, so much more clownish in a way.

I'm also happy that Luffy needs help and there is things that scare him. I know at the end of the day he'll be the guy doing the saving and all that but it is nice that he isn't just invisible and always has to be the one doing the saving. Especially as Zoro is such a super duper cool character.

All the chapters are pretty much the same length but this one really did just go by in a flash, it got us ready for the start of the end.

I have to say I love the way we've slowly been introduced to the characters though, the fact that Luffy has to earn their trust and save them or help them. It is a good way of doing it as it brings out the best/worst of the characters as well as mountains of back story without making the stories feel heavy.

Nami is growing on me, I didn't like her straight off the bat like I have other characters but she's not too bad. Her dynamic with Luffy is awesome. It is a very "best friend" vibe like Natsu and Lucy.

To be honest I'd be happy if we never left Buggy I love him. Next chapter well at least get to know more about his ability!

No comments:

Post a Comment