22 August 2013

Kitakuba Katsudou Kirkou : Episode 2

Episode 2

Another anime that I am just getting up to date with. The Going Home Club.

Where did we finish off?

Natsuki unwittingly joined the Going Home Club with Furuhashi. The other members are all weird and wonderful.

The show was a few little skits joined together and if the show carries on that way into Episode 2 there is a chance I won't be continuing with it, but lets take a look shall we?

***SPOILERS***


So there are three poems about three generals.

"If the cuckoo won't sing, I'll kill it."
"If the cuckoo won't sing, I'll make it sing."
"If the cuckoo won't sing, I'll wait until it sings."

What we learn from these poems?

Nobunaga was crazy, Hideyoshi was normal and boring and Leyasu was lazy.

So one of them decides to make a poem up...

"The cuckoo looks good in an eye patch." From this we can learn that Masamune really loved eye patches.. That is the guy from Sengoku Basara isn't it?

Kairin decides if the cuckoo wouldn't sing she'd take it to the hospital because it was obviously sick. Natsuki would she'd be alright with that. Sakura would try smiling instead. Claire would just buy a canary instead.

Yeah that is basically all I'm reviewing. The show is as I've said basically two or three mini episodes in one and the conversations between characters are random and weird so its hard to tell you what I think of it because it kind of just goes all over the place.

Now I'm not saying that it is a bad anime, I'm just saying that it is difficult to review in itself. It is an interesting anime and I'll probably catch up on it when it ends so I can just watch it from beginning to end but personally I find it hard keeping up with what is happening, especially as a few of the jokes are word jokes.

I didn't dislike it and this isn't a "terrible anime don't watch" post it is basically I can't sit here and tell you anything that happened or how I felt about it because I just sit there and laugh. Its like trying to review a Two Ronnies show you will constantly be attempting to explain the humour and the joke.

That doesn't show anyone why the joke was funny or anything like that, all it does is diminish the joke.

So the Going Home Club is a great little anime that people should go and watch but it didn't get past the few wobbles I had with episode 1 therefore is out of the running for being reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment