13 August 2013

Kiniro Mosaic : Together with Onee-Chan

Episode 5

Sorry it is a week late! Anyone that reads my blog more than just for one review will know why, so look forward to two episode reviews today!

Last week was great because Shino stayed at home for a bit of it and we got to see all the other girls interacting without her! That sounds mean but as Alice kind of revolves around Shino and the others were Shino's friends it was just nice to see them all together as friends without the catalyst of Shino!

I don't know what to expect this week!

***SPOILERS***

So Shino calls Yoko sister, then when Aya says its like calling a teacher mum Shino runs into their teacher screaming mum....

Yep just another day!

Turns out Shino and Yoko have been friends since elementary school! Cute! Shino was looking for her sister and Yoko took her to see her sister. Her sister asks Yoko to look after Shino whilst they where at school and as Yoko noticed how absentminded Shino is she decided to look after her.

I love Karen's whole Ayaya you act like a .... Ayaya!

Poor Aya can't believe that Shino had gotten a zero on her test so they set up a study group and Aya is nervous to meet Isa.

Isa takes them out for them to model for her, she seems like such a lovely girl. Of course she has her moments of big sistery things with Shino but she is just really lovely.  I love the photo she took of them all together, Aya looks terrified!

And yes I agree with Isa that I am afraid for Shino's future... She might start kidnapping foreigners!

I love the little skits in the middle they always make me giggle and today they seem to be all about Yoko! Apparently she is like a convenience store!

Turns out everyone but Shino is a only child!

Poor Yoko is starting to feel unneeded! Poor Yoko. Yoko is an older sister and feels like she wants to have a older sister herself.  They point out to her she kind of has Isa too. And it looks like Isa thinks of her as a little sister as well!

I did enjoy that episode, it gave us more insight into all the girls and I think the show is starting to evolve a little. It started off totally focused on Alice and Shino and that dynamic but now we are slowly not only learning about the main characters but a little bit about Isa as well.

I loved finding out that the girls are all single children other than Yoko and Shino, I also loved how Isa actually loves being an older sister and see's probably all of them as younger sisters. It just added a lot to the characters.

It was sad listening to Yoko talk about how she'd always been there for Shino and now Shino has had to grow up and do the same thing for Alice and Karen and it made her feel lonely or like a spare part. It is just a sweet way of looking at it.

The thing with this series is it is nice to watch, it makes you laugh and it makes you tear up a little. You love all the characters and you love everything they do. BUT there isn't much to talk about. You can't really have an in depth conversation about five girls just having fun. It is just quite sweet and you sit there learning about them, about their lives and in some cases about Japan and what it means to be a foreigner in Japan.

I think if I ever went to Japan and met someone like Shino I'd run and hide! She does seem quite scary.

Still my favorite pairing is Yoko and Aya, they are just adorable together. They make me giggle all the time.

Another just easily watchable episode. And big plus for more information and screen time to Isa who for some strange reason I love.

What can I say, it is just a feel good show!

No comments:

Post a Comment