23 August 2013

Fairy Tail : The demon's comeback

Chapter 348

So yes last week the girls kicked ASS! They showed the treasure hunters not to underestimate mages or women!

BRILLIANCE!

***SPOILERS***

Wooo we learn that Yukino had a sister she was separated from at birth called Sorano! I feel a potential story in the future with that piece of info!

Anyway back to the story and Flare is telling Lucy and Wendy about her life. She had never seen a human her size before and joined Raven because she didn't know better, they decide to make up and Flare takes them to see the Eternal Flame.

We find out that Carla and Happy are stuck because some random beast bird thing is flying about...

And back to Natsu running around. He can still hear a voice and is still chasing after it.

Erza is obviously having a lot of problems facing Minerva who seems to think it isn't bad taste to take her frustrations of being not as good as Erza out on a de-powered and childlike Erza... Erza wonders if they'll have to defeat the guy who did it to them to go back to normal.

Talking of him Gray has found him wandering after Natsu. It doesn't go well for Gray, he's turned into a kid and then his past flashes before his eyes, as far as Gray is concerned Deliora is back and attacking him. He gets a word of advice from the non-human "Don't pass through the other side of the gate of Hades" apparently they are in the entrance right now... Is that a metaphor for death or something else?

With Ultear watching over him Gray snaps out of it and is ready to fight for his friends once more.

So the girls are going to defend the Eternal Flame and see if it can melt the ice. Gods only know what Natsu is up to. Erza is struggling and so will Gray next chapter.

It is all starting to get going really isn't it?!

I'm actually really happy about the de-powering/child thing because it gives us a chance to see them struggle and overcome weaknesses. Recently its always been mental weaknesses "ohh but I love him", "Ohh I'm too weak, actually no I'm not I'll do it for my friends" at this moment they are all weak and I like that because it means that they'll have to do their best to fight on even if they aren't the strongest anymore.

To be honest my happiest bit is that the girls are being used better and not the butt of some ugly joke or else forgotten about or being diminished and needing help off of others. I quite like this group of three and would like them to go off with Flare for an adventure or two without Natsu, Gray and Erza some more.

It was a nice chapter, I enjoyed it a lot. Kind of set up for the coming weeks I guess, we now know roughly what everyone is facing (other than Natsu) and the pieces of the game board are settling for us now.

I'm actually really looking forward to the Gray fight, I have always loved Gray and would love to see him whoop butt! This chapter was great for Gray because it showed his vulnerable side, lets not forget these guys are still teens! I'm older than every character (oh no!) and when something from my past, or that reminds me of something terrible from my past, surfaces I do still blank and go like jelly. Gray is probably one of the best rounded characters in the manga.

 But man is the non-human scary in his own way!

I mean his appearance is a bit... Bleh but couple that with his personality and you can forgive that in a manga, especially one like Fairy Tail.

Haven't we been warned of Hades Gate before?

Either way excited for next weeks chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment