11 August 2013

Blood Lad : That's Friendship

Episode 6

So Wolf-boy has been told to go defeat Frankenstein's creation Akim Papradon to save Fuyumi from being turned into a vampire/ghost hybrid by Frankenstein.

Somewhere else in the middle of a family reunion Braz tells Staz he has to go and defeat Akim Papradon if he wants to know how to revive Fuyumi.

AND I remembered Fuyumi's name without having to check it up. Go me!

So how will Wolf-boys fight with Akim go?

And how dangerous is Staz now that he's had the bullet removed from his heart?

***SPOILERS***

I do love Staz's family! Lets hope this isn't the last of them (well it won't be after he defeats Akim he'll come back with Fuyumi I guess.)

So Akim is using a portal to fight Wolf-boy and he ends up transforming to beat Akim. Hydrabell is trying to get some info on Akim from Frankenstein and Staz is getting ready to go... He's flying?! No he's falling...

Anyway Wolf-boy can only stay transformed for three minutes as he's only a half breed.

BLOODY HECK! Staz is now super strong. Hydra thinks he's done it for her but we all know he's done it purely because he was forced by his brother...

Ohhh boy we had a moment, thankfully Akim kicked him out of it.

So Staz pretty much destroys Akim but Hydra saves each part of him and puts him in a jar. The demon used to make Akim was the guy who probably stole Bell's magic. And whilst Hydra and Frank are talking Liz and Braz shows up and Liz takes Franken and Akim into custody.

Ohhh how I love Staz's family! We really need to keep them all together every episode. Especially Liz.

Now that episode didn't seem that long, I have to say it flew by!

Staz's hero is Goku, why should I have seen that coming? Even I got that reference. Loved Fuyumi's reaction to him trying to do the Kamehameha.

Anyways...

So Akim did not disappoint though I do worry that having Staz super powered might ruin some of the dynamic of the show, it is a wonder where they will go now. Obviously they need to resurrect her next up and that probably won't be easy.

The episode was great, Akim was weird, wonderful and a good bad guy. Liked that it only took an episode to beat him BUT he didn't seem weak at all and he didn't get destroyed.

Happy we got to see Braz and Liz some more, really love the dynamic of the three of them together, seems I might get my wish of Liz sticking around if the preview is anything to go by!

Fuyumi wasn't in the episode much which was a shame because I do like her with the boys, hoping she gets a bit of character development like the boys have had because it will be a shame if she just stays a soppy human ghost/vampire/human and doesn't really evolve.

In a way I'd hope that Wolf-boy wins her in the end, Staz... Well he's the hero yeah sure but I just think Wolf-boy is more honorable in all this. Plus this episode made me really feel for Wolfie, I mean after all he's trying to prove himself because he thinks he's not good enough being a mongeral. Lets face it though, he's strong and the only person really stronger than him is a noble demon. He doesn't have to prove himself to me!

Another great episode, action packed and so fast I was sitting there in bewilderment at the credits running. Had a lot of fun watching the episode and can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment