11 August 2013

TNA IMPACT 8.8.13

So... I've decided to give TNA another chance, to be honest I didn't stop watching because I disliked the company, totally opposite! I think I stopped watching when my love for TNA was at a all time high. Mainly it was because my freeview box went downstairs and I couldn't watch it anymore and couldn't be bothered to get the stupid box to work.

Anyway watching tonight so will live blog my opinion and whether it'll be worth catching up every week! I know that I've been excited reading reviews and bits and pieces so hopefully all will be well with the world!

And have a photo with me and the main man JB !

And yes I was wearing a Paparazzi t-shirt which sadly died recently when my sister didn't turn it inside out when she put it in the washing machine. Sad times!

So first off, oh my goodness how hot is Anderson these days? That might start it off on the wrong foot for male readers but I can't help it, always been a Anderson fan think he has brilliant charisma and stage presence and is a totally awesome wrestler I didn't believe it was him at first for some strange reason.

So Aces and Eights, never heard of them. Actually I have but I've never seen them. And didn't the Main Event Mafia die years ago?! Back when Booker and Foley were still in TNA? When did they pop up again? Questions I'll need to research the answers for no doubt!

Hell yeah! Why did I not know that Hail Sabin was back. I have the old version on my phone it used to be my ringtone! Now I DID know that Sabin was world champion and it is one of the main reasons that I wanted to watch again. Ohhh this brings back memories of MCMG v 3D... Or Alex being told off for stalking them...

Sabin doesn't have the same cheeky look like Shelley has though so he's not as awesome as if this was Shelley. I'm happy his style hasn't changed too much, still better then old school Sabin, now that was funny. Love Bully's accent I could hear him saying "here" every day of my life. And could his chain necklace thing look any more fake?!

How tall is Brooke?! Or is it just that Bully is so short? Oh she does have like 20000 inch heels on.

First match of the night is Samoa Joe v Jeff Hardy. (WOOHOOO MAGNUS ON TOP WITH 49pts why does this make me so happy?!) I never thought I'd hear the MEM intro again other than on my laptop (yes I have this one too) it brings happy memories. Anyway the match isn't something I'd be interested in usually, a big Hardy fan in my youth but mainly a Matt fan, loved Joe back in the olden days... Could be interesting, to be honest it is a match up that was made in heaven years back with the real X-Division could be fun.

I get the happy news that it is ANDERSON V MAGNUS either next or just later. Now THAT is a match. Sorry the match at hand... Actually is pretty good, nice to see Hardy in good shape. And Joe to be fair, to be honest he'd slowed down hell of a lot when I last watched it and was boring to watch, mainly down to the kind of matches he was in. This on the other hand really shows that Joe is awesome, reminded me why I loved Joe to being with. Jeff wins with a roll up after Anderson... Well he didn't really distract Joe.

So opening match, good decent match, happy to see Jeff and Joe back to their brilliant best. Strong match, top quality and well paced. Enjoyed it.

We get a Daniels promo, man is there still a Daniels/Kazarian thing going? Hmmm.... Could be interesting, I always quite liked them both as wrestlers.

Right then Anderson v Magnus ohh yes! Big fan of both, loved Magnus before when he was the Big O on Gladiators, geeked out when he joined TNA and still love him muchly. Woot Bobby shows up, well I didn't write much about the match because it had Anderson (who was happy that Bobby got Magnus DQ'd), Magnus, Brian Hebner and then Bobby Roode in it. Though to be fair Magnus doesn't look AS pretty tonight as usual, maybe it is just he was in the room with Anderson who looks.... REALLY hot tonight. (Yeah and how many males go on about the Knockouts. Leave me alone.)

Bobby loves to be shellfish. That is nice to know, I think he looks like a prawn.

We get interviews with refs now? Brian has always been cute. I figured out my "thing" about Magnus, he has a baby face when he doesn't have stubble his face looks too baby faced.

What's he called Robbie E... Yeah his hair hasn't gotten any better has it? Who is the guy with him? I ask because he looks like my old history teacher Mr Wilson.

And can I just say I'm very happy to announce I know who Tito Ortiz is. This is the first time in a long time I know a "big name announcement" thing. Let us never talk about Peter Capaldi and my "YAY THE NEW DOCTOR....... Who is he?"

Kurt Angle being nice? And it is always nice to have sunglasses on Sting. Not in a nasty way but man everyone is starting to look their ages... I forget how long I've been watching some of these people wrestle and entertain. I've met Kurt Angle *smug mode*.

Tito and Angle... Yeah whatever. To be fair it is nice to see TNA has gotten rid of the 100 promos before a match thing, we've had two good matches and two at least to come. Now its time for the big promo and as much as I think Bully is awesome at this stuff I don't really care as I haven't followed this story so switch off mode.

Bro mans...... I have no words. So Bro Mans and Hardcore Country Miss Mickie James v ODB and Storm & Gunner. Poor Storm has he been totally left behind? He's in another tag team, wow. I always thought Storm could do anything that they got Roode to do he always seems to be the one they rely on to make the tag team division work though. If the Bro Mans is the state their creativeness is in then god help me. I'm a GIANT tag division fan, always loved tag teams. Robbie was bad enough...

10 years? TEN YEARS?! Depressing. (In a good way.)

Storm, Gunner and ODB win in quite a short match but... Decent. You can always trust Storm for a good match, nice to see Gunner has improved (he was good when I watched before but now he's REALLY good) and Bro Man wasn't too bad.

So far just above average, very decent and we still have some VERY strong matches ahead of us. Looking very good so far!

MWUHAHAHA 3D, man I love these two. Bully is so funny even when he isn't actually being funny. They are the greatest tag team ever, brilliant men, how I adore them. Yes I grew up with them and will ALWAYS be VERY biased about them (and Chrsitian, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Kane... My childhood wrestlers are always the bestest.)

So Christopher Daniels v Frankie Kazarian. I have been watching these wrestle since TNA made it to the UK. THIS will be a good match or else it'll be a disappointment! I'm not sure I've ever seen a bald Kaz... Not used to it but think he was balding last time I saw him. Not important to anything but a thought. Very good match, they really still have it. Like the feud stuff inside the match, really fun. So they ended up with a double count out? All a ruse to get two points each? Not actually a disappointment I quite enjoyed it.

Bobby you lost me at maths...

So main event Sabin plus one against Team 3D?

Ohhh Hardcore Justice looks awesome! Styles/Hardy/Aries/Kazarian. Now THAT is a brilliant and I mean BRILLIANT match, then you add ladders... Wow.

So Sting & Sabin v Team 3D? Alright... Woohoo no its Kurt Angle & Sabin v Team 3D. Lets hope Sting goes away (blogs about fav wrestlers, wrestlers I don't like so much and reasons why will be on its way as I will defo try and keep up to date with TNA now...)

You have four WONDERFUL, talented and amazing wrestlers. (I agree with Tazz bit weird having a USA chant for Angle when EVERYONE in the ring is American...) I could go on about how 3D and Angle just.... Are wonderful. Brilliant. Perfect. So many other things. Sabin is one of my favorite wrestlers as well but he was always below Alex Shelley who is great in so many ways. This match. It even has my all time fav ref in it. I'm in heaven!

Sabin gets the pin in what was a very good match. TNA have really raised the bar recently haven't they? AWESOME match up and I have to say what many fans told TNA they should do. OK still 3 of 4 wrestlers in the match are veteran wrestlers but home grown talent... Good enough to stand tall next to them.

So my first TNA show in over a year how do I feel?

Well I'm coming in near the middle/end of a few story lines so I guess not AS interesting as I could be, then again if I stop watching it just because of that I'll never be ABLE to get back into it so that isn't really important.

Focusing on the wrestling, some very good match ups given enough time to breath and had some really good action. Helped that all the wrestlers in the show were top quality from 3D to Hardy down to Bro Men (Man?) and of course Mickie and ODB.

It really impressed me and impressed me enough that I'll be turning in again next week with another reaction blog.

I've always liked TNA, nothing is brilliant every week especially when it is on every week with too many high quality athletes so it has always had meh bits as well as the awesome bits. Happily will come back to this series though and hope it is worth it!

Will hop off and do Blood Lad and Makai Ouji reviews now then maybe Smackdown if I have time. Thinking of getting wrestling back into my life so. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment