29 July 2013

Uchouten Kazoku : Mom and Raijin, God of Thunder

Episode 2

So I'm in half a mind of what actually happened last episode but hopefully some of it will be cleared up this episode!

My main question is this... Will the main character be female or his normal male self?!

***SPOILERS***

So the master is asleep and the girl has come to visit him, I just double checked in case I was mad but no I don't know any of the characters names!

He knows she's there and... Grabs her ass, why not? Its that weird kind of anime. Ohhhhh, it wasn't the girl it was the main character pretending to be her.

He seems to have become male. Why does the Prince look like a women? Ohhh no the girl is the main character and the "Prince" is his mother. Wahey! Yasaburo seems to be the name of the main character, I knew I'd find it at some point! Usually if I haven't seen it or remembered it during an episode I'd wiki it but I just found it so funny I think not knowing their names that I didn't bother!

Now he's gone back to male at long last! I was worried it was going to stay weird. Yashiro, Yasaburo's brother, is being picked on at work poor thing. His big brother seems to be stuck in frog form and moaning at the bottom of a well. A frog, a idiot and a kid. That is how the frog describes the three youngest brothers, the other one (whose name I just missed writing down) is troubled trying to stand in their fathers shadow.

Yashiro seems to be being attacked by a giant cat (two giant cats) controlled I'm guessing by the bothers who were picking on him. Yaichiro saves his two brothers, the two other brothers are tenuki too and that is why it isn't apparently weird to have two ginormous cat things in the middle of the street.

Watching Yaichiro freak out was pretty funny "how unhelpful does he have to be before he's happy" his poor brother! He can't help that he's a frog, well maybe he can but never mind. They find their mother safely thankfully but she has a cold by the sound of it. Their dad looks kind of like Liam Neeson. As strange as that sounds.

The episode was much more straightforward to watch, a lot of fun and quite sweet. We get to really meet all the family which was nice as I quite like the brothers, hope we see the frog more often. I'm still guessing that the love story will be more important as the ending credits are all about it really.

So far it just seems a sweet anime, nothing too important about it (not in a nasty way) it is just something you can sit down and watch easily. There isn't really any story going on at this moment its basically just... Characters. Living. Feeling. Being.... People.

I like the fact that I don't have to remember too much from episode to episode so far to enjoy the plot. Just characters, enjoy them and their relationships and watch them get up to no good.

There isn't much to say about the episode itself, it still has its strange moments but as I'm getting used to what the characters are it probably makes more sense.

The show itself isn't a strong one, it is pretty forgettable though it probably will only get better as time goes on, it was defintely worth carrying on watching and I can't wait to follow the adventure, but it isn't something that you HAVE to watch on time every week. In fact it'll probably get lost whilst I'm doing overtime.

Don't let that put you off though, still a lovely little show.

No comments:

Post a Comment