28 July 2013

Stars of Time 2013

Yes he was dancing, everyone was dancing!
So as everyone knows I went to Stars of Time yesterday, first time at the event though I've been meaning to go for years and I have to admit I enjoyed myself!

We had to get a train to Weston-Super-Mare, long train journey but didn't feel half as long as the train/bus journey to Beer! It also helped that the weather wasn't that bad! So even though the train was packed (thank the Gods for reserved train tickets!) I didn't have a terrible headache before I left Plymouth!

When we got there I have to admit that it wasn't anything like I thought it would be, to be honest with you I wasn't sure what I thought it would be!

Obviously we were in Weston's Helicopter Museum, not quite as pretty as Pecorama but it would be a wonderful place to visit if I ever found myself in Weston with nothing to do! After getting into the main part of the building you had a "corridor" of Doctor Who models ranging from the Second Doctor and an original Ice Warrior to Zygons and Masters.

Down one side you had all the guests, I have to admit I only really went to see Chris Barrie (Rimmer) so I didn't actually go to any other guest. I didn't even go to Chris Barrie first!

When we got there we were just in time for An Audience with Daleks. Even though it was at both Beer events I've been to this is the first time I saw it all the way through and I have to say the Daleks were awesome! It was hosted by Matt Holden, and it was only a coincidence that so many photos were of him, and had me laughing from start to finish. Best answer was to "Why does Dalek Khan look like that?" to which Dalek Candi (the pink one) answered because he was her ex.

Jedi's at war!
In between that and the Exterminate Factor we kind of wandered between the stalls, I brought myself a mini-Gloomy Bear and a Hello Kitty umbrella (it is really pretty!), got my picture taken with Chris Barrie and achieved my goal of getting a photo with Matt Holden. Wasn't brave enough to SAY anything to him I kind of just looked like I was about to throw up/faint but I can honestly Geek out now when looking at that photo saying "OMG THE MOST GAWJUS GEEK IN THE WORLD TOUCHED ME! I am not worthy!" etc...

Not only has that photo landed itself over here >>>> but it will probably be blogged every now and again and I feel it'll be the photo that I look at whenever I feel down because yeah... I was touched by a good looking guy (Tomoko I'm one up in the world!)

So yeah *ahem* moving on from Mr Perfect Geek Man...

I did get to see all the costumers dancing! They enjoyed themselves and it was brilliant seeing them so happy! I have a few little videos of that (and a couple others I'll upload later) but I didn't stay to see who won the best costume.

The Exterminate Factor was probably the highlight! Three Daleks singing, ohh what a wonderful site! Personally I loved all three even if Spot and Phil didn't remember the words and went out of time. Dalek Al won after a wonderful rendition of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" which was actually really good.

I will hopefully go again next year! Really worth the money and a lot of good fun!

The picture that summed up pretty much the whole day for me!

 ***MORE PHOTOS BELOW : Slight warning, yes quite a few of them are of Matt Holden, don't judge me I'm only human.***


This might be the first picture here but I'm ashamed to say I only noticed it before I was leaving!

Matt not being able to control his laughter with the Daleks

One of the only pictures I got of the giant Marshmellow man!

This version of the Master seemed to terrify Christy! 

I just like this picture because it went totally Orange...

An old style Potato Dwarf!

Now it would have terrified me if someone was actually in there and stood up!

Two of the nicest people in the world

Matt presenting Audience with the Daleks

Matt predicting that there wouldn't be any sensible answers from the Daleks (he was right)

I think he could tell what was coming..

Reaction to Dalek Candi's story of Dalek Khan

....He is super cute...

Dalek Candi being called fat by Dalek Nigel (?)

Dalek Khan just chilling...

Matt being attacked by Phil or Spot

Dalek Candi getting a hug (lucky girl!)

It was strange how the Daleks allowed the Doctor to lean on them most of the show!

I'm not even going to put our stupid joke on here.... And no I don't mean MEN (shut up I know)

More long and tentacley bits... 

Captain Jack with a Dalek

He didn't actually know what to do with them, they kept popping up behind him

Matt explaining what was going to happen in the Exterminate Factor

Trying to explain what went wrong with Dalek Phil's song

One of the judges of the Exterminate Factor

River Song flirting with a Dalek as a judge in the Exterminate Factor

Lethbridge-Stewart by far my favorite judge!

And a proper 10th Doctor sitting there.... Being cruel to Dalek Phil just because he forgot the words and starting singing a certain bit at the wrong time!


All photos have been taken by me and if you want them removed just say the word and I'll remove them!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like good fun! Keep me informed of guests for next year and if they give a weekend and I'll probably show up :D Weston isn't too difficult to drive to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they have a website so just go on the forum where I posted the link to it stupid :P .

    I'm defo thinking of going again next year, to be honest even though I took 100 pics of Matt and went on about him before (and after) I only really went because Chris Barrie was going to be there! I can't even remember how I found that out but the moment I saw it I was like OMG I AM DEFO GOING! Matt was just an added bonus!

    If you come then I can pick on you to ask him for a photo next time :P .

    ReplyDelete