11 July 2013

One Piece : Nami Enters

Chapter 8

So the adventure begins without Coby and with Zoro. Luffy is on his way to The Grand Line with his first crew member leaving a happy town in his wake.

What next?

***SPOILERS***

So they seem lost on the sea. Luffy wants crew members who can navigate, cook and sing, he has his priorities right!

So he goes to attack a bird (Luffy that is) and instead of catching the bird for them to eat the bird seems to catch him so Zoro has to row after the bird and save him. Whilst rowing he manages to get three pirates on board who tell him that this is Pirate Buggy's territory. They become extremely helpful after finding out who Zoro is and tell him their story. They had been off robbing a ship when they saw a boat with a girl fainted on the side. She stole their ship and left them shipwrecked. Good for her!

Buggy the Clown. Apparently he's eaten Devils fruit too!

The girl has stolen a map and Luffy's bird is being shot down. She uses him as a decoy calling him boss then running away, the people who followed her think that they'll be alright as they have her boss.

The girl is called Nami and she's a thief that only steals from pirates. She asks Luffy to become pirates.....

Like that is going to work!

I really like Nami she seems so cool, can't wait to see how Luffy talks her into joining them.

Zoro on his own could have held the whole chapter up which is good because you don't want the chapters to rely all the time on whether or not Luffy is there! So it is good that his crew are interesting enough to hold the chapter together.

My biggest thing is wanting to see Captain Buggy though! The Clown Pirate! I want to see what he looks like and what Devil fruit he's eaten. That will be an interesting encounter I bet!

So we're being led to believe that this is crew member #2? I like her, she can stay. Fast thinking and a little bit cocky, she'll work well with the rest of them that is for sure.

I like how the story is slowly coming together now, it seems that Luffy's crew is going to be a mish-mash of random characters which is brilliant because it would suck just having generic pirates. I mean Luffy is as far from generic as you can get.

I had to laugh when he was carried off by the bird though, only Luffy could go to capture a bird and end up being the one captured! Made me giggle, though it also showed how loyal Zoro is that he chased right after him and got angry with the stupid pirates that made him lose him.

They really do need someone to navigate though and Nami has the map that they need.

Another engaging chapter, I do believe I'm getting dragged into this world! I'm liking Luffy more and more as the chapters go by and already love Nami. The story is staying strong and as long as I love all the characters I can foresee me sticking with this series even if it does take the rest of my life to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment