11 July 2013

Servant x Service : Beware; Nomenclature, The Reason

Episode 1

By the looks of it the anime is set in an office? If so it'll make a change from all the school based anime I watch! Not sure whether it'll interest me or not though...

Shall we find out?

***SPOILERS***

Well the opening is quite interesting and I like the fact they use real life images as well as the animation, that is pretty cool.

Yamagami, Yutaka Hasebe and Saya Miyoshi all join the office, and the guy there welcoming them is a newcomer... Of eight years? Not sure what he's doing. Hasebe is hialours all his questions are break related which is so funny and Miyoshi is just uber nervous.

Yamagami is pretty much in the most boring job ever, basically telling customers what section they have to be in, they don't need her help. Hasebe is being wonderfully brilliant and has got a customers e-mail address, whilst Miyoshi is caught up in a overly long conversation with a client.

Apparently Yamagami's parents asked everyone for ideas on names and when they got about twenty they decided to name her all of them so she joined the office to get revenge on the worker who let her parents register her name like that.

Hasebe and his supervisor (Mr 8 year new comer) are so cute! I love them to bits! And then he comes and charms a customer. Ohhh I feel these peoples pain customers are just this terrible in real life as well, for some reason Hasebe is actually brilliant at sorting out customers though I think he will be killed by Yamagami if he keeps calling her Lucy!

To be fair on this one it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, in fact it was a lot more entertaining. I mean what fun could there be following a load of civil servants around?

Well what I thought was going to be a character driven piece turned out to be one of the funniest things I've watched!

Working in customer service I feel the pain of these characters so watching them struggle with well known "problem" customers (the ones that take all your time up, the ones that have a go at you for no reasons and the ones that think you should let the get away with anything because they are the special case and your rules suck...) makes me love them even more. I am so like Saya, I tend to just sit there and listen and not be authoritative with customers so get the ones that go on and on at me whilst I just sit there nodding.

All the characters are lovable, I didn't get the supervisors name who chases after Hasebe most of the episode but I adore him! And Hasebe himself is one of the cutest and funniest characters I've seen!

Plus I'd like to find out if Yamagami ever gets her revenge!

So yes this is a wonderful little anime and one I will definitely be catching up with! I've given up making a time table on the go so watch out after all the reviews are done for my final "what day does this get reviewed" blog!

Servant x Service at this moment is probably joint favorite for this season!

1 comment: