11 July 2013

One Piece : Evil Women

Chapter 9

So we meet Nami who steals from Pirates and wants Luffy to join HER on her pirate stealing schemes.

What will happen when he tells her he's a Pirate himself?

***SPOILER***

Well at first Luffy walks away but she follows.

Buggy isn't happy that his map has been stolen and the person explaining what happens isn't helping matters much! Apparently (according to the note) the word for Misunderstood sounds like Big Red Nose and Buggy loses his temper after thinking that is what the guy said so chokes him... Without actually standing up!

Buggy the Clown is actually totally AWESOME! I wanted to see what he looked like and I wasn't disappointed. For some reason I thought it would be some fat person like Albida but he is just pure evil! One thing this manga doesn't lack is bloody cool looking characters!

 Inside some random persons house (because all the villagers have left to hide outside the village whilst Buggy is around) Nami is talking to Luffy. Love how Luffy gets Buggy and Nami's names mixed up! Nami tells Luffy about Buggy's love of canons. Whilst Nami tells us some creepy stuff about Buggy it is obvious that Luffy isn't paying attention... At all.

Somehow they do team up... I think basically because she wants his help to steal from the Pirates in the Grand Line and he wants a navigator... I'm guessing he hasn't told her he's a Pirate then? No he hadn't and when he does tell her she changes her mind.

Nami kind of tries to use Luffy by saying she'd go with him if he took her to Buggy... Yeah trying to get around a promise with Luffy will be hard girl! Very hard. In fact I'd say impossible!

Well the first bit is done she ties Luffy up and gives him to Buggy whilst pretending she's had an argument with her "boss" and wants to join Buggy's crew. (Ha! Luffy in a cage.)

Woohoo Zoro has arrived and wants to meet with Buggy!

I am really loving Nami and Luffy together they are pretty sweet, her using him is funny as well. Luffy is too nice he shouldn't turn his back so often but I guess he always will and I'll love him for it! Again Nami is full of life and personality and if he does forgive her and she does join the crew I can see her holding well on her own in chapters Luffy-lite.

It is one thing I am truly enjoying about One Piece, all the characters have so much life and joy inside them, even the pain they feel makes them just so much more real. It is nice to have a cast of characters so.... ALIVE on the page.

Always the drawings in the manga is amazing and I can't believe how bloody cool Buggy is! I do hope these characters don't just disappear after one meeting because Buggy I'd like to see some more after Luffy (obviously) escapes him.

And now Zoro is on his way! Nami better watch her back, not that I'd think he'd do anything to her but still. His Captain needs him and I'm sure he'll answer his call!

The story is just a lot of fun though even if the characters weren't up to much. No two chapters are alike and the story flows so nicely that you are never bored of it. I mean I struggle a little because I live blog my reaction for these posts but I could probably read all 700+ chapters in a fortnight just sat here reading for hours on end because it is so much fun.

I have now officially fallen for Luffy's charms. He bored me in the beginning now I just see him like Natsu, totally no nasty bones in their bodies!

Another great chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment