22 July 2013

Makai Ouji : Devils and Realists : Exorcist and Ghost

Pillar 3
(Yeah I'm going to use the shows version of episode. Go me!) 

William still doesn't care for demons, he now has Sitori (Sytry... Whatever) and Dantalion at school with him, his minion Isaac is obsessed with the occult and his wonderful (and the greatest character ever) butler Kevin has a ring that was bestowed on William's ancestor King Solomon by God himself.

William is the elector....

And we are all made of atoms.

***SPOILERS***
The music, that is something that I have to say I love in this. It does have a very.... Churchy feel to it but it is easy to listen to.

Anyway Ernest Crosby, the Reverand from the last episode is also an exorcist it seems and has just been given a letter from heaven? hell? Somewhere that probably is telling him about Dantalion and Sitori. 

Ohhh no Dantalion is in the rugby group with an entourage and Sitori has a group that worship him. 

On his way to nap in the church he meets the Ernest Crosby and asks him if he can exorcise demons. He is a brave one William is. I have to say William is a fast one, he came up with a random excuse pretty fast, it is impressive. It seems Dantalion doesn't think that William is just a descendant of Solomon but that he is Solomon himself. Interesting. 

William seems not able to get rid of his small entourage no matter how he tries, and now Sitori is on his back and Isaac is following him and they are after a ghost. Wait that raven, bird thing was the same thing that sent the message to Crosby, its a low-rank demon. Oh noes what is going on? 

Still William amazes me with his brilliant not caring no matter what it is that happens. It is also pretty cool we're getting Sitori (Sytry) without Dantalion for a bit but of course our boy Dantalion arrives to save the day. YAY DANTALION!

Again for all the fun and laughter the serious business of Crosby v Dantalion is so well done that, well I have no words for it. 

Dantalion's bond to Solomon is really quite sad, he can't be rejected by the descendant of Solomon it seems to hurt him more having William reject him then anything else. 

Ohhh William has friends reluctantly! Going to his room (reluctantly) for tea and cakes and they get introduced to the new priest KEVIN!!! KEVIN IS BACK!!! KEVIN!!

How can they end it on Kevin coming back? I missed Kevin, I want Kevin. KEVIN!

Really this is one of the best anime's I've watched recently, right up there with Karneval. In fact I'd say it was a brilliant replacement for the hole the Karneval left. Serious but fun, brilliant and lively characters and a wonderful story.

Ohhh it is getting good! And I don't just say that because Kevin is back, I'd say that anyway, even if Kevin wasn't back. Awww Kevin! 

I really like the story of Dantalion and William, it is really sad seeing William reject Dantalion. I don't know why either because I understand why William rejects them, he's a realist (as he keeps saying) and demons, fallen angels and magic just don't come into his way of thinking.

But there is something else, I know there is, it can't just be that he's a descendant Dantalion thinks there is more I'm sure! 

It really is just a perfectly put together story, I mean I'm dying to know what happens next week! 7 days is way too long to wait to find out how Kevin Dantalion saves the day next and what obstacles William must face. I like how it seems that Dantalion, Isaac and Sitori (Sytry) will stick by William even if one of them is purely out of wanting to become Interim Ruler of Hell. The fact they went for tea and cakes in Williams room brings a real family/friendship vibe to the show.

But have I said that Kevin is back? Next episode there will be more Kevin. I've missed him, I mean he was the only thing worth watching in episode one so where the hell has he been hey?!
(If you can't tell that is a joke!)

The episode is the best so far though I still feel that it is just finding its feet and that it'll surprise me with just how strong it ends (like Karneval) I don't think this is all it can achieve and no doubt it'll be a pleasure till the last episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment