23 July 2013

Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou : The Winter Dog Flies into the Fire

Episode 3

Harumi came face to face with his killer and concluded "killing him won't make me human again" and let the man live.

Contented with being a dog until he gets to read Lust he goes home with Natsuno for more fun and adventures as a dog (and she has the scissors...)

***SPOILERS***

We get a flash back to Harumi sleeping in with the girl who was making him food at the end of the last episode. Who she is I don't know? Ohhh I see it doesn't seem to be a flashback but a dream. Madoka is the name of the girl it seems.

Can I just say how adorably cute Harumi as a dog is! I just want to cuddle that little doggy! Anyone that knows me knows how much I love doggies anyway.

So... There seems to be someone... Crying on the table at home. Or is she laughing? OK she is a bit weird and thinks that the dog is a demon thing.... It turns out the women is Natsuno's editor. OooooooK this is getting strange, that women is totally and utterly crazy! She leaves telling them that there is a slasher in the area.

After talking to her sister (who tells her not to go after the slasher) Natsuno decides to go find the slasher.

More using books as weapons and people being attacked after buying Natsuno's books.

We then get a view of all the random characters from shiny girl to the muscle heads and of course AFRO!!!!!

Shining girl is Maxi an idol and popular author. This anime has some obsession with Natsuno's breasts. Weird as it is. Is it really that funny/interesting that a character is flat chested? Poor Afro is the next victim of the slasher, his hair has a huge wedge taken out of it, poor Afro (Gomez?)

Yeah Harumi has been captured by Madoka who knows that he is Harumi. What is happening there?!

YAY for meeting some of the mystery girls!

So we have a weird "editor" who likes to be abused by Natsuno (should have guessed that was coming from the opening credits!), we have the shining idol Maxi who is also one of three great young authors (Natsuno being one of the others under the name Akiyama Shinobu) and Madoka who is Harumi's "sibling" and who seems to have tried to carry on making him happy even to the point of reading Shinobu's books.

Well the weird editor I can live without, maybe one joke too far with her about. Maxi makes me laugh especially as she gets carried away (literally) by her guards, that just makes me giggle every time! Pointlessly shining indeed. As for Madoka I am REALLY interested in seeing who she is, what she is to Harumi and how the HELL she knew it was him!

So are we going to get a bit of a "mystery" solving group going? Is this how Natsuno will find her "muse"?

And is the slasher actually going to be a slasher? If Afro was attacked for having Shinobu's book and so were the others, then suddenly a trap was made with one of the books then surely that means that Madoka is the slasher? But why?!

Episode three was very strong and moved the anime further forward. It was nice having two episodes introducing the main characters and now slowly other characters are starting to creep in and get some screen time. A whole little world is starting to form, and it is a very weird one that is for sure!

I have a few worries about the series, yeah I guess there must be some comedy in lines like "I wish I could share my breasts with you" but as a female these things always just make me cringe. For a start having big breasts isn't always the great thing we are told they are, I have no end of problems with mine (too much information but there you go!) but also as a straight female I guess I have no interest in an insult being about flat chests, sharing breasts or anything else breast related. From the credits I know there is going to be a bit of that kind of comedy in it but I do worry that it'll wind me up by the end of the season.

Other than that I have really enjoyed the episodes so far. Some bits have made me well up, others have made me laugh out loud. The most important thing is that it has me hooked.

Seriously it is a brilliant series, it doesn't really stand out like some other series do but it has character.

No comments:

Post a Comment