23 July 2013

Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou : Drowning Men Clutch at Dogs

Episode 4

OHHH NO MADOKA HAS DOGNAPPED HARUMI!!!

What will he do?!

Can Natsuno find him?

How does Madoka even know he's a dog?!?!?!

Scary times!

***SPOILERS***

Madoka is his sister, younger sister at that.

The episode begins with a really cute flashback of them together that shows that they really care for each other. Both total opposites, her a social and successful girl, him a book worm bordering on recluse. Ohh well Harumi being a recluse that loves books isn't that bad!

So Natsuno is still chasing the guy she spotted when Afro was attacked, she also finds one of her Deadly Sins books when he disappears. So Madoka isn't the slasher? But she is going a bit strange with the names she's giving her brother right now! She can hear him! And he is very happy to know that his sister can hear him.

OK.... I don't think she can hear him, yeah no she can't. Poor Harumi, his chance of having someone else to talk to has disappeared! And she's a bit crazy as well... Hehehehe Whilst Madoka goes to buy pickles Natsuno comes to save him but she doesn't seem happy, she ties him up and demands to know who Madoka is.

After being no help to Harumi both of them come up with the same theory that she could have something to do with it. But Natsuno doesn't care if she's the slasher or not she took her dog and therefore apparently hurt her heart so she must pay. All these characters are quite strange really aren't they? Weird but wonderful and full of character!

Ohhh the pervert is back. Strange, strange women that she is. At least this time she was just funny. She also tells them where to find Madoka it seems, poor girl. She burnt his books, poor Harumi, that is just horrible! Those books meant so much to him, that is just a cruel thing to do. This episode it seems that Natsuno has the answers to all our questions, another heart warming heart to heart between the two of them where she points out that him talking about Akiyama Shinobu all the time might make her feel like the author was stealing her brother from her and after his death she had a mental breakdown and that is why she burnt the books and has done what she has done.

And we are left with the cliffhanger of Madoka v Natsuno!

This anime might not be one of the best of the season but it definetely has its own merits and many MANY strengths.

One that was highlighted once more this episode was the rare moments between Harumi and Natsuno. The way they can both explain situations to each other and make each other think about life in a different way. No matter how weird they both are and how unhuman like her emotions can be there are real human stories underneath and they shine through when they both talk to each other.

The story with Madoka is a bit weird but after they explained it at the end it makes so much sense, she's been driven crazy by losing her brother, who in her mind she probably never had  because he spent his whole life obsessing with Shinobu. I can probably relate with him in that when I meet new people one of the first things I need to know about them is whether or not they know or like Sir Terry Pratchett's work, being my favorite author his Discworld series is kind of stuck deep within my mind so I guess people around me might at times feel that way about me. Gods let me not tell you about an ex I had who hated my books like she seems to hate her brothers! It is all too VERY real for me.

The humor is better when there is only one of the strange characters doing the stupid humor. I like most of the humor, as you know from last blog it is more the breast thing that annoyed me but I can deal with either the crazy editor or else shining girl on their own but a whole episode with that kind of thing would annoy me to death!

The series is a strong one I'll give it that, I love the characters, they are all so colourful. I do enjoy it a great deal as well. I think it'll be a series that gets better on a second viewing, at times the action seems a bit all over the place but when the pieces come into place it all seems way too easy. I think a second viewing of each individual "adventure" from beginning to end will be a good thing to do afterwards because I think with the understanding you'll find little subtle bits in the episodes that you love even more.

As I've said before I don't think this will be the jewel of the season, it might even come pretty low in the top 10 but it is something you'll cherish if you like it. As long as it keeps this up it'll be a good series that you can watch time and time again (usually the top 3 or 4 deminish with every viewing.)

Will we ever see Harumi's face from when he was human?!

No comments:

Post a Comment