21 July 2013

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou : Voices of Condolence

Episode 3

So last episode we learnt a lot about Akari and the world she now inhabits. We left Akari watching a Daemonia take over a human and attack a father and son on a boat, how will Akari handle the situation?

***SPOILERS***

I like how they didn't just go right to the solution, they kind of mini-repeated the ending and went to opening credits, building up the tension...

Thankfully the dad and the boy get warned in time and Akari transforms to attack the Daemonia, I don't know there is still something missing in the fight scene, again I think the scene was rushed. We went from her shouting for the guy and the boy to move to her fighting the Daemonia right away with no transformation or beginning to the fight. She goes in for the kill and suddenly remembers Fuyuna again and gives in to be saved by two other Tarot girls.

Priscilla and Mel the two other girls are called (Priscilla is The Fool, didn't catch what Mel was) and when they go in for the kill Akari stops them... Priscilla is sweet and deadly at the same time, I do love her! Can we have her on more often?!

Akari gets stuck in a dungeon for her troubles and the rest get reminded that the Daemonia aren't human anymore. Turns out Luna couldn't fight a Daemonia herself so was put in the dungeon three months ago, Luna really is just sweet, it seems that Akari might be special in that she can hear the person speaking to her whilst fighting them.

The guy obviously has children problems as he goes to attack two kids on a swing. He's stopped halfway through his attack though.

It is nice seeing how all the girls differ by visiting their bedrooms, and if anything it just makes me love Luna more who is just adorable and sweet! She see's Akari as her sister (I think) how sweet!

"Everyone forgets about the people who turn into Daemonia, even though they lived in this world."

Wise words Luna!

Again he attacks kids, and again the fight kind of just.... Happens. They aren't in the normal world (just in case you were wondering) and Akari decides to listen to the Daemonia, I really want it to tell her to kill him but I guess not. Poor man his son died and the Daemonia told him if he killed children his kid would come back, poor man. And yes finally he tells her to kill him (he's possessed he was never going to come back to the world or have his son it was obvious he was going to say to help him kill him, if she could save him I'd be disappointed.)

So Akari gets her first kill. Seira doesn't have to kill Akari.

I will find it ultra fun if Akari actually gets the back stories of the Daemonia before killing them, that would be worth sub par action scenes.

Another good episode, still the same problem (see above) but still very enjoyable.

Luna is my favorite, I love her, she is just so sweet. All of them have a history I'd like to find out about, I do hope we get an episode telling us about Seira in particular to find out how she became so cold.

I liked that we got the story of the man, I guessed it would have something to do with a child of his (first victim being a father and son and the theme of kids) it was sad just like Fuyuna (who I emphasized with) and I don't mind that they use these negative emotions to get a good story across. Neither were bad people, good and evil aren't black and white. There isn't some line that you can cross and become evil, even the best of us have negative thoughts and emotions. It is natural. Just because Fuyuna was envious of Akari and the attention she received and the man was grieving and given hope doesn't make them bad. The Daemonia make them evil by corrupting the essence of their being and I quite like that.

The animation is still lovely, I enjoy watching it, the crazy Daemonia fight scenes are awesome I just wish we had beginning, middles and ends to the fights and not just jump in on the end.

The characters aren't goody two shoes either, they aren't just pretty faces kicking butt they have mean streaks, they don't mind if they have to drag you and put you in a dungeon and kill you if you run away they do what they have to and that is more realistic if you think of their line of work. They can be as nice as they possibly can but they have to be made of sterner stuff to go and kill people, because that is what they are basically doing and they know it. They need to make themselves cold to the fact the monster they are killing used to be a human just like them.

I like this anime a lot, I think it has a lot of potential and so far it is hitting that potential. I think it has a darker theme and really decent characters.

If anything the show could fail to live up to expectations (which have soared) if they don't carry on with the back stories of characters (and Daemonia victims) it isn't that important I guess but it is something I really hope they keep doing.

All in all a very enjoyable episode and hope next week improves once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment