5 July 2013

Fairy Tail : Gift

Chapter 340

We've had a celebration and we've had a final goodbye, our heroes are on their way back to Magnolia. Can this chapter match the wonderfulness of the other two in our special three chapter day?!

***SPOILERS***

Back in Magnolia and the townspeople have flooded the streets to welcome back Fairy Tail, the winners of the Grand Magic Games!

Natsu has taken the kings crown.... Only Natsu! He also has the trophy in the bag though. The mayor of Magnolia awards them with the restoration of their Guild,

The little monster thing that stole peoples powers belongs to Zeref?! He was with Raven Tail?!?!?!?! Even though he apparent'y can't hear or see her he has a conversation with Mavis. He tells her that he is going to deny this world and no one will be left alive.

So we are left on the brink of the next arc. Zeref is on his way to destroy the world!

All I can say is wow. Truly and honestly wow.

Fist off loved the celebrations with Fairy Tail, love that they've gotten their Guild back and that they are all happy and the people love them still. All very nice, nothing to really comment on because I did that during the first of these chapters.

The bit of interest is Zeref.

Now I can't be the only one that thinks there has to be a past history with Zeref and Mavis for her to seek him out to ask him if he still wants to die and then warn him (threaten him) that Fairy Tail will stop him. If anything I'd have thought that would have been Makarovs job not Mavis's! Though I'd be happy if she stayed around a little longer to be honest. Now if there is an explanation I've forgotten or missed please feel free to tell me! I love being corrected, but it just felt familiar the way they talked to each other.

Plus I want one of Zeref's monkey things! It is so cute!

So is the next arc Zeref? I was hoping for it to be Laxus's father trying to take over Fairy Tail to find the secret, in fact the moment I saw the little monkey thing that was what I thought it was going to be.

I'm happy that we got to see Zeref and a clear path of what is coming next though, to be honest I was wondering what would be next and it would make sense with all the "in one years time" and Acnologia stuff that Zeref was going to show up again. I find him so fascinating and would love to learn more about his past, as he seems to love talking maybe he'll have a moment telling us about it.

Next week has another 3 chapters and I'm hoping that they have some fun adventures with Team Natsu, before we get into anything I'd like for some normality. We've just had a very big and long "the end of the World" arc we don't need the final battle quite yet!

So the three chapters altogether?

It was a brilliant idea! We got celebrations, goodbyes and a look to the future. If we'd had these chapters over 3 weeks it wouldn't be quite as good as there wasn't much in them individually. It would have felt like over the New Year when you were waiting constantly for something to happen.

Everyone is moving forward, positivity has outshone the negativity and we are hurrying into more dark days it seems. I've really loved all three of the chapters this week and can't wait to see what happens next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment