28 July 2013

DANGANRONPA - The Animation : Kill or Live Not Normal Arc

Episode 3

So the trial begins!

Will the killer be found out or will an innocent get "punished" lets go with the trial!

***SPOILERS***

The enterance music is played over Naegi telling us the story so far, I do like that style and the song itself. It gives it a unique feel to what I usually watch.

OK so everyone has a booth, there are 16 booths in total (I'm calling them booths but basically it is a circle with indents for everyone to stand in) with Maizono and Junko's portraits over two of them and one empty one.

There is an empty one? I'm starting to think there might actually be a 16th person...

So this is where it really does go computer game-ish with some of the graphics and on screen things.

So they start with the knife, the knife was in the kitchen and Asahina saw Sakura with the knife in the kitchen. They saw Maizono come into the room. We also get the news that the only person who will graduate is the person who kills someone. After figuring out that Maizono took the knife Fukawa, who is very happy to point the finger at anyone, reminds them that Naegi is still the best suspect they have.

Kirigiri brings the sense to the dicussion, she points to the bathroom door being broken open, of course we know that Naegi's door was broken, so does Naegi. The others on the other hand don't, and as the boys bathrooms can't be locked... Well Naegi would have no problems entering the bathroom whilst others might struggle.

I'm starting to feel she killed herself but why the mess?

Maizono targeted someone with a note to go to her room. Tomagi comes up with the story that she tried to lure someone into Naegi (her) room to kill them then re-switch the name plates (which she switched after Naegi left) and leave Naegi getting the blame. The flaw being someone defended themselves.

Leon, the Baseballer. If you flip the numbers that Maizono wrote then it is Leon.

And another one bites the dust, First Class Baseballer Leon, death by one of those baseball things. Pummelled by his own baseballs.

Jesus this anime is dark! I like the change of animation when Leon was being "punished" but still... Bloody heck!

Kirigiri is quite a good character I do like her, she see's more than the others though I think Tomagi just doesn't care and most of the others are either too uptight, too goody, goody or else too... Stupid/slow. Kirigiri is much more interesting a character than Naegi, it is a shame that we'll probably end up with him more than her. He doesn't even really look very nice, I really do prefer the other characters to him.

Well I like the idea of trials though that will kill through quite a few people in no time as well.

I do wonder if we are going to get a few "get to know people" episodes, I mean I love the series so far but the deaths don't really effect me the way it possibly should because I knew nothing about the three so far dead high schoolers and don't actually so far care who gets out and who doesn't. I also hope the next trial they get the wrong person, it would have been nice for them to get it wrong and a innocent person being "punished" and they learn from those mistakes.

I do really love the anime, it is really pretty dark and miserable really.

Naegi still hasn't grown on me, too much of a wet blanket not enough forward action. The whole shooting down people's argument (quite literally) was actually quite annoying especially as I just find Naegi really annoying. If he's the guy we are meant to want to get back to "normal life" then... Yeah I can feel disappointment calling.

The episode was actually really good! After a episode with two deaths and a lot of panic and running about this was to the point and I enjoyed the trial aspect of the series. It gave characters a chance to evolve (we now know that our resident Bookworm will probably throw everyone under the bus and lets be honest if this is how she acts when she's innocent its going to be hard to tell with body language when she's guilty!)

I do really want an episode or two to get to know people though as I do want to care about people. OK I know that no matter how many of them I like it is unlikely that they will survive, out of the what... 13 remaining people, no make that 12 possibly less then half will graduate.

Saying that does it matter? As long as it carries on then who cares? Come on episode 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment