28 July 2013

DANGANRONPA - The Animation : Kill Free or Live (Not) Normal Arc

Episode 2

We have a load of characters (and I mean CHARACTERS) stuck in a school together, the only way to get out is to kill your schoolmates.

LETS BRING IT ON!

***SPOILERS***

DESPAIR!!!!

Wait has it changed again? We now have to kill someone without being caught? I thought it was just killing someone?

So the bedrooms come with a bathroom but the water stops at Night Time and only the girls can lock theirs. Also they have some gifts in a drawer to enjoy themselves with. Naegi unfortuntaley can't get into his bathroom anyways, but up pops Monobear! He is meant to be the Super Duper Highschool Luckster, so that is what he is!

Naegi looks a little like Sora from Kingdom Hearts!

Anyway Maizono comes and tells him that she thought someone was trying to open her door. She points out the good point that just because they verbally agreed to stay in bed at Night Time doesn't actually mean that people will STAY in their rooms.

So Maizono and Naegi swap rooms for the night, she still looks quite...... Evil.

They all have breakfast together every day. You get the Rule Abiding Students (yes the creepy Prefect is there), then comes the tardier students (normal high schoolers) then the ones that do their own thing. Maizono and Togami don't show up at all, well Togami shows up in the end leaving only Maizono.

First person down, Maizono!

We don't see anyone kill her, don't know how she died but we do get an update on the rules. Naegi was right you can't be suspected of killing anyone if you want to graduate so after each kill there will be a "debate/trial" thing to see if they can figure out who did it. I'm guessing Togami and Naegi will be the prime suspects (Togami was late to breakfast and Naegi ran to the room, was the only person who knew she was in his room etc.)

I like the rules if they get the verdict wrong the innocent stupids get punished, by execution!

Second student down! Junko dead by Monobear punishment.

On their iPad things they get the details of Maizono's death including that she died in Naegi's room, yes he is the suspect and it is up to him prove it wasn't him.

They all get to investigating and we find out that she was stabbed in the stomach. I really like the little facts that the investigation showed up. They don't make much sense right now but they were still quite fun. I'm sure it is building up to something even more interesting!

The courtroom is the next destination for the survivors. And what a funky looking courtroom!

To be honest I never in a million years thought they'd kill two students off in episode 2! Especially one that I was thinking was going to bore the pants off me. It just seemed, strange... Yet to be totally fair it didn't bother me, I liked the idea in fact! It was pretty well done.

Monobear is quite evil and I like how something so... Unevil looking (in his way) can be so evil, also the whole "I'm fair, I play by the rules..." stuff is pretty cool. I mean he's put these kids together to have them all kill themselves yet he's acting as cool as a cucumber.

I'm a little worried that the death rate will be too high in the opening stages, there are a few characters I'm interested in, to be fair Maziono wasn't one of them, Junko had promise but she's gone so, meh!

Personally I think the killer will be a curve ball. It played it out to look like Togami but I think personally he's too smart to have killed her then been late to breakfast, after all she was killed at 1:30am not just before breakfast!

It also leaves questions like "how did they get into a locked room without breaking open the door?"

I'm not going to even guess who it could be, mainly because I don't want Monobear executing me for being wrong (hey I at least should see the "trial" before I choose you rascally old bear!) but I really hope it isn't one of the ones I really like that gets killed after the trial (after all if you're caught you get killed, if you get the wrong person one of the innocent people dies.)

I love how evil and maniacal it all is, Monobear is pretty awesome as a character to be honest and the whole thing is an interesting concept. As I said last time a bit like The Hunger Games and Battle Royal but with its own anime twist.

This episode left me shocked but so looking forward to next episode!

If anything my one complaint would be SEEING the courtroom this episode! I was hoping they'd leave us wanting even more by ending it at the white light but obviously not.

And Naegi seems to really be the "luckster" doesn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment