17 June 2013

Karnivel : Ice Cream Parade

Episode 11

Yogi has officially evolved into Yukkin. Yes, yes he has.

And I'm sticking with this even if Yogi is off being happy because Gareki doesn't hate him. That is my story and I'm sticking to it to the very bitter end.

Now where is my Yogi....

Men...

***SPOILERS***

I'll do this a little differently from usual, purely because I did my usual review bit and it babbled on a bit.

So on one hand we have Yogi, Nai, Gareki and Jiki on a day off. Jiki splits off from them to go shopping whilst Yogi and Nai drag Gareki along with them. Cue cute scene of Nai and Yogi shopping. It is all going well until Gareki is taken to a Nyanperona shop, shouting at Yogi in front of the kids about Nyanperona being a costume character was the easiest way to be forced out of the shop with Yogi trying to take back what Gareki said. Outside and a girl follows them out, she's called Yanari and she tells them that she wants their help to find a pasta shop or else she'll tell everyone that Yogi is Nyanperona.

Hirato and Tsukumo are in the middle of a meeting, they are told how people who work for the president end up missing or dying from illness or accident. In the middle of their chat the president gets a phone call saying that his son has gone missing.

Yes his son is Yanari, for heaven sake with these anime characters! At first I didn't know if Nai was a girl or boy now Yanari... Damn them for fooling me! Anyway, they get told where to go by the town mascot but on their way they get stopped by his fathers bodyguards, Hirato decides to let Yogi take him where he wants to go by pretending that Yogi is "kidnapping" Yanari. When they finally get to the pasta house it turns out that Yanari came here looking for his mother. His mother died a year ago in an accident.

There was a nice moment as well between the mascot showing them where to go and them getting caught where Yanari ask's Nai how he knows that he is his friend and Nai does his cuteness of going on about having a warm feeling inside him.

Back with Gareki and Hirato asks him to be a child of the Second Ship. This made me scratch my head as he was calling him "our children" but I didn't think Hirato was that much older than Gareki, I always thought there would be a year or two between all of them. So why a child of the Second Ship?

Yanari gets a bit upset understanably about his mum being dead and Yogi slaps him to calm him down and comforts him the way only our baby Yogi can. Another sweet "OMG I LOVE YOGI" moment. The girl in the house that told Yanari about his mothers death gives him a robot he made for his mother, it has recordings of his mother asking him how he is and telling him she loves him. So sweet.

And with that he's ready to leave, a happy goodbye with his new friends.

Ohhh and by the by Akari and Azana talk about Vinto, Azana asks if there has been any news on the "mole" but there hasn't... Just we get a glimpse of him listening into the conversation.

Back on the Second Ship and Yanari phones Nai to tell him that a girl at his school has mentioned Karoku before, and Gareki is thinking what being a child of the Second Ship means. He tells himself he has only been here this long because he wants to get money out of Nai, I don't believe that though he's there because he's being protective of Nai, I think he's just trying to stop himself believing he cares. When Nai brings a drink to Gareki he suddenly goes into one of his moments as Karoku talks to him. He tells him where he is...

The Smoky Mansion.

It turns out that is one of the Kafka's main labs and Circus haven't had the evidence to storm the place yet. Any activity there could ruin any future plans they have, but Nai is determined he's going and Gareki is going with him. Then Yogi and Tsukumo decide to leave their Circus ID behind to join them but they don't have to as Hirato gives them permission to storm The Smoky Mansion and save Karoku.

So that is set. Off to find Karoku!

Even though this episode was another of those character driven episodes that have no real point to it I ADORED it!

Yogi, Gareki and Nai are my favorite threesome in ANYTHING and as we are getting ever closer to the end of the series I am really hoping that it gets another series as I absolutely love these characters together. And anything from them being sad, to them being crazy or even serious is a wonder to watch.

I like how they seem to make friends with anyone even if Gareki is being a cow to the people around him.

Plus it showed a real soft side of Hirato. Letting Yanari go, talking about Nai and Gareki as if they were his kids and then saying he'll take responsibility for anything that happens if they go to The Smoky Mansion. He really showed a strong leadership style this episode and cemented the whole family feel of the Second Ship.

What a lovely place.

Of course anything with Akari in it is worth a million of any other episodes. I just love his character and he doesn't even do much!

Again this episode I can't believe I ever disliked Nai! He is so sweet and I just want to hug him, he's turning into a mini-Yogi!

I just love how even when they aren't out doing important things the anime doesn't lose any of its sparkle, the characters are always wonderful, the stories are always fun to watch and you are left wanting infinitely more by the end of the episode.

Nyanperona! Man I love Nyanperona! Yogi's love for the kids and keeping their dreams intact is just lovely, he really is the sweetest character I've ever come across. If there is a Yogi in any other anime/manga let me know because I just melt the moment I see one like him and he's the best so far! The whole thing with Gareki shouting at him and him only being upset because he wanted the kids to believe in Nyanperona as long as possible. Just adorable!

Yanari wasn't too bad a character to be truthful, at first I was really worried that it would detract from the episode but his story was actually really sad and he was a wonderful character to include and I hope that we'll see him and Nai get to spend some more time together.

And then the story gets serious. We are off to find Karoku.

Now is Karoku a bad guy? I'm guessing he is, but he's said he's been taken somewhere by force... Lying? We'll see. They've left this intriguing plot point dangling all series and as it finally seems to come to a close I'm really interested to see what we find out about Karoku.

PLUS (not about the episode) I am going to start reading the Karneval Manga!

Like Fairy Tail I'll mark the name of the blogs with (Manga) (Anime) as well as label them as such. I will probably start the blog tomorrow and have a chapter or two a day till I'm up to date. So if you watch the anime and don't want spoilers for future plots etc when the manga blogs come up DO NOT READ!

I am just in love with this whole show and hope the manga lives up to the show!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, Gareki is still 15 while Hirato is 27 and Yogi is 21. It's just that Gareki acts mature because he's forced to grow up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know I went and looked after I wrote this (should have probably added it on later) and was surprised. Not sure why though, I guess I had it stupidly in my head they'd be the same age of course Hirato should be older then them. I don't know why I just don't check these things before I type!

    ReplyDelete