25 June 2013

Karneval : Wanted (Manga)

Chapter 2

Gareki saves Nai and they both run off into the future together, Gareki is only in it for money and Nai is looking for family. What adventures lay ahead who knows....

***SPOILER***

Gareki goes to buy food for Nai who seems to be having trouble sleeping, dreaming of Karoku... He's told to stay put but he's only got one thing on his mind, to find Circus.

Nai leaves and gets attacked by a group of men, the security force (police basically) stop them mugging him but notice the Circus ID so takes him to the station. The superior officer after finding out that the ID is real kills his colleague and frames Nai who escapes without the ID and goes on the run. Now Nai is a wanted criminal!

Hirato and Tsukumo are at Lady Mine's house and see the destruction for themselves, suddenly Hirato gets new orders (what they are we do not know!)

It doesn't take long for Gareki to find Nai and after a cute scene between Gareki and Nai he gets Nai disgised so they can go out and grab the ID again. The big problem with Gareki's plan is that he's told Nai to wait 5 minutes then let a bomb off... Nai doesn't know what 5 minutes is....

Inside the security force head quarters and Gareki is being given a tour after pretending he wants to grow up to join the security force. 20 minutes have gone before Nai sets off his bomb and Gareki can go to the office of the superior officer to find the ID, whilst there the officer comes back and Gareki finds out more about the bracelet. For a start he finds out it is Circus ID, and he also finds out the officer is going to sell it.

Whilst making plans on how to get the ID back Nai tells Gareki how he found it in a pool of "red water" obviously he means blood and Gareki catches on to that quite fast too. In fact super fast...

Oh my how cute is Nai... "If we're not together I'll be lonely" poor thing! Gareki is just using him but he thinks Gareki is nice and doesn't want to be without him. Sweet heart!

Gareki names his price, he wants the bracelet, and Nai tells him as long as Karoku doesn't mind he'll give it to him, so knowing that Karoku is probably dead Gareki goes to the meeting place to find the ID. Using Nai as bait Gareki steals it off of the officer and then calls the security force to the meeting place, thinking that he's double crossed them the people that he was meeting with kills the officer and Gareki and Nai are able to escape with the ID.

They run to catch the last train and as it pulls away they jump in through a window. Just so happens it doesn't seem the train stopped for passengers there is something wrong!

I can't be sure but I can't remember the whole plot about Nai being a wanted criminal. Maybe I'm being dense but I can't remember it.

I think so far two chapters in the great thing is we get to see a lot more of what is motivating Gareki. I know there are long periods inside Garekis thought's in the anime but I just feel that this is better served in the manga. Sometimes I can zone out when Gareki is doing his monolouging mainly because I get confused on what he's actually going on about, he seems to jump from subject to subject quite fast.

Other than the fact I can't remember half the plot and I think Gareki is better served in the manga so far its pretty much how I remembered it. I love the characters obviously because I've seen more of them but I really do believe I'd've loved them anyway if I'd started this way round. Nai is just so much less annoying, and he looks so much more adorable in the manga. I don't know what it was that annoyed me so much about Nai but it just isn't there in the manga, of course it could be because I know who Nai is now but I really do think it is down to the fact he just seems more.... More in the manga.

I'm pretty certain this is different from the anime, I'll put my neck on the line and say the whole security force thing didn't happen in the anime. Now please don't kill me if it did, I'll probably rewatch it and edit this at my leisure. I can't remember it though but it gave more breathing room if it didn't happen. If I remember correctly they got on the train after leaving Mines in the anime? Then Nai bumped into Circus after leaving when Gareki told him not too? Or am I just remembering it all in the wrong order?

Either way I can't remember Nai being done up like Soul from Soul Eater.Is it just me or is that how Gareki dressed him? It so totally looked that way!

I can't wait till we get more chapters with more of Circus though, I loved them in the anime and I'm sure they'll be even bigger characters in the manga!

No comments:

Post a Comment