28 June 2013

Fairy Tail : The Golden Plains

Chapter 337

Last week we found that if only someone could destroy the Eclipse Gate then they could send Rogue and the Dragons back to their time streams, without it F.Rogue couldn't come back to the past and the Dragons couldn't be sent forward.

Wasn't it wonderful that at the time of finding this out and being told they were indestructible that Natsu came crashing out of the sky with F.Rogue and Motherglare?

***SPOILERS***

Well it is pretty obvious what happened this week. Everything started to fade. Some small story pieces were planted in our head and we got the exciting news we'll be getting three chapters next week and the week after!

The Dragons were the first to go, the big ugly one got tricked into not making any more of a mess by the Princess who called him the Jade Dragon, after contemplating it he realizes she was using it to stall time but before he could retaliate he was gone.

Atlas Flame said his goodbyes to Natsu and F.Rogue left him a chilling message. Make sure you tell me to save Fro in one years time, that was when the Shadows had taken him. So after all we probably did find out what sent F.Rogue crazy, the very force he uses to fight with, and that must have been what possessed him in the games. Not F.Rogue but the Shadows that want to take him to their side.

Elsewhere and it wasn't just me that noticed the lack of Dragon Slayers saving the day, so have the Dragon Slayers themselves and Mavis. And someone pointed out that these aren't even a tiny part as strong as Acnologia will be. Does this mean they are all damned?

The rest of the non-Dragon Slayer population don't seem to care, a victory is a victory and they all survived so its party time.

So two new strands running through the story from now on. What will happen one year from now and what will happen if there is an attack by Acnologia?!

The last part of the story was F.Lucy either going to her version of heaven or going back to where she came from. I'm guessing she went to heaven (Golden Plain, in her time stream even if their time stream didn't go the same way most of her friends were dead) but I could be reading it wrong. Not the first time.

And there we have it!

Not as disappointing as I thought it would be to be fair on it. I liked the ending of it all and like the fact that a lot of my questions were answered. I'm more relieved that Mavis and the other Slayers kind of realize that they were lucky and that there is a big problem in the fact that 7 Dragon Slayers weren't able to defeat one Dragon. Befriend them yes, but defeat them no. Not even when 2 on 1.

The arc has been bumpy for me, I loved the Grand Magic Games and even the build up to the Dragons coming. The last day of the games dragged and I hated the ending of that and I've been unsure of the whole story since the Dragons arrived but it was still pretty strong if only because of the new friends we've met, the new bonds and the opening up of our little world.

I can't wait to see what the story progresses to now, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

This chapter itself was short and sweet. We say goodbye to every threat and leave it open to celebrations, but with also a black cloud hanging over our celebrations. Now that is the way I like it!

I do like the touch that Mashima didn't forget about F.Lucy's body, we got an ending even for her.

I'd still be really interested if he ever did a few chapters to show what actually DID happen in that future universe, it'll stay in my mind forever I guess!

Now moving on what do I hope?

That there are actual fall outs from what happened, that certain stories aren't just forgotten, that Lyon wins Juvia's heart... I'd hate for Millianna just to "forgive" Jellal, I'd hate for there not to be a fight about it, she feels so strongly some unknown female taking the blame for him isn't believably the way she'd get over it. We still see Kagura trying to come to terms with it and it shouldn't be any easier for Millianna who was enslaved by Jellal!

I'd love to see more of the other guilds, I've always loved it when Blue Pegasus have joined with Fairy Tail I'd hate to lose all our new friends! I hope we build on it too!

Most importantly I can't wait for them to win back the old Fairy Tail building. Now that will be a wonderful thing!

So all in all I am a happy bunny even if I have whined a bit in the last couple weeks.

Now on to the future with our Nakama!

No comments:

Post a Comment