7 June 2013

Fairy Tail : Sin and Sacrifice

Chapter 334

Ultear is on her way to kill P.Rogue, will Natsu be able to defeat F.Rogue in time to save current Rogue from death?

And what is going on with the rest of the guys?

***SPOILER***

We start back at Erza/Jellal/Millianna and when it looks like it is getting good between them Ultear calms the situation. Seemingly walking by nonchalantly she defuses the situation by telling Millianna it was her that made Jellal do what he did and that if they all survive she will face Millianna, but until then they have to focus on the real enemy. All the time going on about being evil....

But it seems she really is struggling with her feelings over killing P.Rogue. And lets be really fair on this character she was screwed up as a kid. She got the wrong hand of a situation and it ate at her and other people took advantage of that. She isn't the person she was no matter how much she tries to convince herself she is and Natsu is right, if she kills P.Rogue she'll be the one that strayed off the path.

P.Rogue is joined by Sting who brings his Dragon with him so they can fight side by side. Ohh the feelings!

Now.... All those happy tears? They get totally wiped out.

So Gray, Juvia, Melody and Lyon are altogether. Gray saves Juvia and then tells her he's got something to tell her but whilst she's day dreaming... Its too hard to say it.... Gray... Dies...

Or at least he bloody should die!

Don't take that the wrong way, look at all my fav character posts and he's always there, he was my first fav character. I've disliked his Juvia thing a little bit, more because of the way it becomes Juvia at times. I mean the PERFECT BLOODY EXAMPLE is she's got him killed!

That being said :

I think Gray needs to stay dead because it'll make the arc impactful.

Now I wouldn't want Gray dead but it had me crying and bringing him back would ruin something for me. He is dead, look at the wounds we see him get, he has to be dead! And what a romantic way to die. There needs to be casualties in this war with F.Rogue, we've had so many arcs with so little death, OK we have F.Lucy dead but I think it isn't too much to ask that they don't fuck with our emotions, kill off a fan favorite just to cheapen those emotions by bringing him back.

Yes I'm in the "I've seen Rory and Amy's grave in Doctor Who they are dead" camp and think if characters die for an emotional story point bringing them back ruins it and cheapens any re-reads I will have of the series.

I hate that Gray is dead but personally that is the way I'd want him to die and think of the way it'll impact all the characters?

OK so now I'll have an anon telling me that I've missed something important and it'll be a ice replica of Gray or something.... But that will be what I mean.

There is a blog in the making for that!

I really hope we get to actually get a future flash to the moment that Rogue took the wrong path and ended up the way he is. To be honest he feels to me like he's seen so much bloodshed from Acnologia that he might have just gone mad with the idea of saving the future.

As for Ultear, to be honest I'm so happy she's having this time not being able to come to terms with what she is about to do! It makes her so much more.... REAL. And Ultear has always been a good character that I've loved reading about. I would have hated it if she had just gone and killed P.Rogue with no emotional feels to it. In fact I'd have to say this is one of the real strong points of Fairy Tail, being able to flesh out even the most random of characters!

The first half of this chapter wasn't to my taste, the way a lot of this arc has gone, someone opens their mouth and says something and something ends or else it just fizzled out when action was about to happen.

After that the chapter was great, really liked it and it made me well up first in happiness (Sting/Rogue) then in sadness (Gray).

Actually the utmost sad thing about Gray is that he was there with the women madly in love with him, the women who knows how much Juvia is in love with him and has been linked to him and his best friend other than Natsu (lets face it that is what Lyon is!)

A week once more is too long! Give me more Fairy Tail now!

What happens when Fairy Tail find out about Gray?!
What happens with Juvia?! (She goes crazy psycho bitch!)
How are the other Dragon Slayers?
And WHAT THE HELL has Lucy found in that diary?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment