1 June 2013

Actors that I love : Tom Hiddleston

I thought I'd start it easy enough.

At the moment there are a handful of actors that seem to be wildly loved and one of these is Tom Hiddleston.

So in the first of a new series of blogs on here I'll tell you why I love Tom Hiddleston...

I will be plain and honest here, I did only notice Tom in Thor. And I'll be even more honest it took me until about a month after Thor came out on DVD to watch it AND on first viewing I was too over excited that it better my expectation that I totally ignored him till my mum asked if he was the actor I liked in the movie because she'd seen it before me and knew I'd love him.

Since then I've watched everything I can. Everything from Wallander to War Horse.

So why did he take my eye (on admittedly the second viewing...)

His charm I guess, even as the bad guy he had a sweet little sparkle in his eyes, which was perfect in a movie where he plays the bad guy but his family keep forgiving him (in a way.)

He was superb in the movie, stood out a mile, but he just had this spark of personality that shone out over the layer of character he'd put on. And it is there in every movie/program that he is in.

From Thor on wards though I think you just notice his eyes. They sparkle and say every single word he doesn't have to say. They are so emotional and so alive that even if he didn't have talent (which he does have, in abundance) for some strange reason it would all still work!

I think Loki is still my favorite character he's played so far, his character in War Horse (Captain Nicholls) is quite close to that as well as F.Scott Fitzgerald in Midnight in Paris.

I've always loved Norse mythology so it wasn't surprising that I love Loki, but he played him so well. He was just a naughty boy that tended to get carried away a little too often. Some of the big scenes in that were heartbreaking, finding out he was an Ice Giant baby, most of his sad speeches to Thor. He was just so engaging.

War Horse probably showed the best of him, he was only in the beginning of the movie but it was probably one of the saddest moments in the movie. And the moment that he knew it was all going wrong, again his face said all the words he didn't have to. I'm not too big to say I cried.

The Deep Blue Sea was a gem of a movie showing a totally different side from most of his other characters.

If his top class acting didn't do enough to make you love him his personality will.

He is a charming gentleman, always smiling, always with nothing but polite and lovely things to say. I've never had the privilege to meet or talk to him and unlike many very lucky fans I probably never will, but listening to him in interviews and at PR events you can just tell he is a delight to talk to. And who couldn't love someone with such a gigantic smile?

So he's uber talented, totally sweet, charming and an all round good guy... What is there to dislike?

To be honest he's probably one of the only actors that I haven't found one thing I dislike about him, I've loved everything I've seen him in, even if something has been a little boring or something isn't great you know he'll always shine out.

The great thing is I know that if Tom Hiddleston is in a movie or TV show it'll be worth watching just for his acting alone.

So why do I love him?

Because he is the perfect gentleman, the role model for kids everywhere and he's popular first and foremost for being a truly talented man.

If you are not sure who Tom Hiddleston is then welcome from outside your box that you have been living in. Go check out the wide variety of films he's been in during the last few years, especially hunt down a DVD of The Hollow Crown which was a perfectly lovely celebration of Shakespeare. Please do not hunt me down and ask me to pay for any medical bills that may crop up due to excessive Hiddleston love.

A truly wonderful human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment