29 May 2013

Karneval : Snow Box

Episode 8

Last week Nai and Gareki got to be in their first parade, they also had to save a mermaid from a rogue bunny rabbit.

And Yogi was simply the cutest thing in anime.

***SPOILER***

If I'm honest this is the first time I've watched the title sequence all the way through and I realize that we have a lot to look forward too.

Anyway they are all out in the middle of the cold, members of the first ship has sent them on a "break" but it doesn't look like they'd think it was a reward that they are enjoying. Hirato has also given them a present, a warm snowman. Yukkin. Yogi falls right in love with it, Gareki on the other hand thinks that they are being used as bait again.

OHHHH YOGI! He wants Gareki to hold the snowman because he looks cold "you're using it wrong that hurts" ohhh Yogi I love you!

The more important people are all in conference talking about what they have found in their research and for a change Akari seems to be nice about things, telling Hirato not to decide to take a life so easily.

I don't know what I love more about this episode Yukkin and Yogi or the fact that when Gareki picked up Nai after he fell over all you see is him holding up the little animal that Nai actually is squeaking madly in mid air! Gareki seems to be warming ever so slightly to Yogi no matter how silly he finds him.

They are in a Kafka mansion looking for anything that might have been left behind. Yogi seems to be more worried about Nai and Gareki getting to play in the snow (he realizes that Gareki has never been in the snow before) and it just goes to show how gentle Yogi is seeing that he's decided to be the older brother of the both of them.

Yukkin has disappeared though and two random idiots have found him. Poor Yukkin.

The gang find the hole that Yukkin fell into, it is a man made hole and the boys find a door down the bottom through a tunnel, the door opens to a room with a doll in it... Yukkin leads the two idiots (because they were mean to our Yukkin) to Tsukumo and they attack. Even one handed Tsukumo looks like a match for them and soon Yogi is back out to help with the fight. They seem to collect rare Circus items.

Yogi gets all older brother like but seems hurt when he starts over thinking whether or not Gareki likes him or not. Don't worry Yogi I love you! The Sparkling Prince! Yogi's internal monologue on the subject is so adorable, you can't help but feel sorry for him all he wants is to be friends with Gareki, it isn't really anything that Yogi has done though that is just how Gareki is.

This episode Yogi's bandage does come off and as he is calling for Gareki to say something he faints just for his thorny vines to erupt from the ground, his hair turn white and him go totally crazy. Now THIS is what I've been waiting for!

This anime is different from most anime's I watch and I love it for that fact. I love the animation, it is such a beautiful looking anime and I love all the characters now even if it did take me a while to like Nai.

This is what I've been waiting for since Akari made a comment about Yogi's bandage to see what happens to him, seems I'll have to wait a few days to see what actually happens though as it was left on another cliffhanger (and we all love a good cliffhanger!)

I do like how they aren't afraid to have 1 or 2 episodes to tell a story, so many shows have so many stand alone episodes that they don't have the time to tell a in depth story, this series does have the time and it is a big strength to it that it gives us more story.

Yukkin is the cutest thing I've ever seen as well, I so want a warm snowman!

I'd actually be interested in an episode set away from the main characters of Gareki, Nai, Yogi and Tsukumo and have it totally revolve around Hirato and Akari, not in a stupid way but it would be interesting to see what they are actually researching, what they actually want and what is actually going on.

I think that is the really good thing about it, yeah we are lead to believe Circus are good guys but Kafka were part of Circus to begin with and it isn't like they've stopped any of their experiments or anything they just shut down a branch that went too far. They aren't afraid to use Nai and Gareki as bait either. I'd like to see an episode that explores what they are actually doing because they are two of the most interesting characters and we hardly get to see them.

Anyway I can't be the only person really excited about what is going to happen with Yogi? I do hope we get an explanation about his bandage in the next episode or two as it has been a mystery I've wanted solving for ages.

An episode definitely worth the wait! A brilliant build up to what looks to be another corker of an episode next week (or in a few days as I'm late with the blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment