9 April 2013

RIP Baroness Thatcher

So today Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister, died of a stroke aged 87.

So far she has been the only female Prime Minister and quite a controversial one at that.

Personally for me the politics don't make the person and I feel sad that someone that I learned about and that was such a figure in our recent history pass away.

Very sad news.


I understand people being angry and upset about what her party did when in power. I understand people not liking the current Conservative party. But I don't understand why anyone has to be so vile to a women they didn't personally know, especially people like me who weren't even around when she was in power, and why if they hate her so much they can't just keep their vile and half the time stupid comments to themselves.

No matter what anyone thinks of her she was a brave and strong willed lady. No matter what she did in politics she was a figurehead of our country.

1 comment:

  1. Oh some of the "parties" and such were disgusting.

    People said it was a form of protest. Protest for what? She died! All the protesting and fighting should have been behind you, heck if you have this much "fighting power" against a dead lady why don't you use it to fight some cause that needs to be fought. Idiots.

    ReplyDelete