9 April 2013

My wonderful day off *SARCASM ALERT*

So I worked 7 hours on Saturday with rude and horrible customers, 5.5 hours yesterday which was alright but dragged like hell and 7 hours today with a totally irritating and unintelligent chav. My feet hurt, I have a headache, I've been getting up at 7am every morning and am working 7 hours on Wednesday and 4.5 hours on Thursday.

So what do I do on my day off?

I get to wake up at 7am, go babysit my nan until 3pm then have to get a bus to Derriford to meet David, who refuses to come and see me at my nans, so we can go out for dinner.

Now I don't really begrudge David as it was his birthday today and I was working and then asked him to come down into town and help me with something, but he's acting like I'm the most terrible person in the world. I didn't ASK to spend ALL FUCKING DAY at my nans I thought a couple hours meant over dinner time not half the day.

For some reason the bank cancelled my bank card on Saturday so I have no money, I wanted to go to the bank to get money out but now because I don't leave my nans till 3 and David wants me at Derriford at 4 I can't possibly get money out. So I'm scrounging small amounts of change off my mum till I get to a bank, which won't be till Friday now!

All I wanted to do on my day off was have a lie in and then go get some money out, make sure they've sent a replacement card out and relax. But I don't get that.

Oh by the way just to add context to why I'm so mad about this...

David spent the whole weekend at a Role Play thing in Exeter with his friends.
My mum spent the whole weekend lounging around the house doing nothing.

They don't work. I do. They have 7 days a week off (ok technically my mum "cares" for my nan, that basically means sitting around doing nothing all day though so it isn't like she's actually working, working.)

I'm fed up of work treating me like dirt, because now we have an assistant manager instead of giving me a few more hours or anything like that they are going to hire another warehouse man as well. So now my chances of overtime are zilch as who the hell will I be covering? I work peoples days off in the week so when someones on holiday they'll just adjust my hours accordingly. I've had enough of being treated like that (it isn't anyone in my actual shop, my manager is wonderful, its other people that are annoying) and now I don't even get a break from everything when I should. My choice for Wednesday is leave Jenny on her own in the shop all day and be "ill" or work, on my feet for 7 hours with the idiot talking a load of bollocks at me. And as I'm a nice person it'll be option b I take!

No comments:

Post a Comment