19 April 2013

Fairy Tail : Zodiac (Manga)

Chapter 328

Last chapter the gates opened and out crawled Dragons.

As Lucy fought her way to close the door is there any hope left?!

***SPOILERS***

The struggle to close the doors ended this chapter as Yukkino (with Mira) run to Lucy to help.

A strand I totally forgot about, Arcadios wanted the Zodiac keys and this week Yukkino and Lucy use their 12 keys to close the door. With help from the twelve Zodiac spirits. Doors closed.

But 7 Dragons have escaped and they are being controlled by F.Rogue.

Dragon Slayers were trained to defeat Dragons, flames to melt the scales etc, etc... So obviously the other mages, even Jura, can't really touch the Dragons that they are trying to fight.

The only hope for humanity apparently lies in Natsu's hands.

It was a simple chapter with a simple goal, the door was closed, we didn't get the silly amount of 10,000 Dragons (or whatever it was I forget now) we get a simple 7 Dragons. Scary looking Dragons as well, they aren't just stock Dragons one is all flamey (Atlas?) and we have the old grumbly rock Dragon who was in it a couple weeks back. I say weeks I mean months.

There isn't much to say about this weeks chapter it was short and sweet (well it was the same amount of pages as always but a lot of it was action scenes as described quickly above) and really didn't have much to sink your teeth into. The Guilds are all going to try and fight but as I just said it is only Dragon Slayers that will be able to defeat them.

The only thing I really have to say about it is, why oh why does it have to be Natsu?!

Sting is the only Dragon Slayer at the moment who hasn't fought anyone today. Natsu v F.Rogue, Gajeel v Rogue, Laxus v Jura... Alright Wendy hasn't done any real combat either but she is meant to be a little weaker than the others. So when Sting (and admittedly Wendy) are fresh why is Natsu the one we're waiting for? I know he's one of the main characters (him and Lucy are the heroes of the series really) but this time it really grates more then ever.

I do hope that Sting and Wendy do help and it doesn't just happen to be Natsu v F.Rogue (+7 Dragons) and he defeats them all against all odds. That would actually be very predictable and ruin an otherwise brilliant arc. I love Natsu as much as the next person but the reliance on him to fight the big bad when you are constantly told that he is only really a little bit more powerful at times then everyone else is annoying.

So Natsu is the ONLY person who'll be able to defeat the Dragons?

I know it is probably just a tag line and we (hopefully) will see all the other Dragon Slayers get a little bit of action (most of them probably don't have much magic left) but I'd hate for Natsu to save the day on his own. That isn't what Fairy Tail is about.

To be honest I'd guessed something like that was about to come up though so it doesn't surprise me much.

Next week I'll have the chapter review up late as I am working all Friday (I believe) so won't be home to see the chapter until later. I will be unbearable to work with all day though as I really want to see what happens next week now!

No comments:

Post a Comment